Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
A cruise in the transporter to the awesome clockmaker in Tinonee. Darren is great to talk to and his work is absolutely great.
After a run up to Swansea two weekends back for a birthday party which was the best, the front fresh air inlet was letting in way too much cold air for this time of year, just after Xmas I had the grille off and it all open and the genuine rubber seals had fallen off, they looked very supple so I cleaned them back up, re painted the flaps and under the front grille as it was starting to get surface rust and re glued the seals back on, after the cold trip my thoughts were that the contact cement that I used on the seals had failed so I pulled it back out only to find all was good, put it all back together and hopped under the dash for a look only to find one of the c-clips on the control arm missing and the arm hanging down out of the flap control, only a couple of months ago, I had installed a new wiper motor and had all of the ducts out so I expect I somehow dislodged it, while I was in there I also fixed the windscreen washer that also had stopped working, happy days, cheers Greg
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily
Kanga Banga went in for a service last week, and passed with flying colours. 

Single Cab followed on, as I try and double book them, to drop off one, when I pick up the other.

Gear stick and bits, on the SC were not touched since purchase, and the unknown amount of use, or abuse from previous owners, has finally taken its toll. Showing signs of wear, over the past 10,000 kms.

So gearstick and base has been replaced with the complete stick I purchased from Luckyphil, when he installed a “Big Shot Shifter” a while back. New alloy guides below the stick also installed, and the gear change is now back to feeling like new again!  Smile

Drove it for a 70km return trip, with 970kgs firewood on board for the return journey - still love this workhorse!

Going for a short run tomorrow in the sunshine in the Kanga Banga, to celebrate 35 years of ownership, and reminisce the day, it had that “new car smell”, when I took delivery from the dealer.  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Put a flash new timing marker on Old Boy 

Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Went for a cruise today to Pokolbin with the car club that I am a member of. Checked out the Chocolate Factory and then had lunch at Roche Estate. Beautiful weather and great company.

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(27-08-2023, 06:39 PM)Melissa Wrote: Went for a cruise today to Pokolbin with the car club that I am a member of. Checked out the Chocolate Factory and then had lunch at Roche Estate. Beautiful weather and great company.

Little red looks the like the rose in a onion patch..great photo.
Thanks Chris - we have a big variation in makes and models in the club. We had an Impala that didnt make it today with a tyre blow out. The owner of the red Porsche also just bought a red Farari. Another member has bought a brand new Corvette!
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(27-08-2023, 07:35 PM)Melissa Wrote: Thanks Chris - we have a big variation in makes and models in the club. We had an Impala that didnt make it today with a tyre blow out. The owner of the red Porsche also just bought a red Farari. Another member has bought a brand new Corvette!

You in good company then Rolleyes
I went up to the Bend RACEWAY today just for squizz. Blimey some of the cars they have in there just blew me away ,all were basically  ex race  cars now retired , absolutely  beautiful.
I agree Chris, Little Red is the standout in that lineup!
Vera - ‘75 Bay