Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What made you happy today?
(30-01-2023, 03:08 PM)Grantus Wrote: A delivery of pantry essentials, always makes me happy!  Smile

(30-01-2023, 07:23 PM)Melissa Wrote: The best!!
Well finding these comments certainly made me happy today! Thanks so much for the support! It means a lot to us.  Heart
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(07-02-2023, 07:48 AM)Barry Wrote: What made me happy?

Reading a good news story
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/fugi...5cid6.html

Some common seanse prevailed

Hopefully Dougie can live his life out peacefully

What a story! The desperation for the poor fella to not want to go back to Croatia proves how dreadful it must have been.
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
this pic

The Westy passed rego. After first having to replace the blinker relay, the brakes were a bit of a worry. But it passed. I guess the brakes don't really compare with the Audi, the Land Rover or even the Caravelle.
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
(16-03-2023, 06:08 PM)wirrah Wrote: The Westy passed rego. After first having to replace the blinker relay, the brakes were a bit of a worry. But it passed. I guess the brakes don't really compare with the Audi, the Land Rover or even the Caravelle.

It's funny but we miss not having to get a Pink Slip each year. QLD only requires one when you sell. We never minded getting a yearly Pink Slip just to make sure the Kombis were all in good health.
1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
(16-03-2023, 07:07 PM)ruby6689 Wrote: It's funny but we miss not having to get a Pink Slip each year. QLD only requires one when you sell. We never minded getting a yearly Pink Slip just to make sure the Kombis were all in good health.

A yearly inspection makes sense. In general. But if, like last year, about 100 km then it is a bit overkill. Mind you this year will make up for it (hopefully)
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
(16-03-2023, 07:07 PM)ruby6689 Wrote: It's funny but we miss not having to get a Pink Slip each year. QLD only requires one when you sell. We never minded getting a yearly Pink Slip just to make sure the Kombis were all in good health.
The Kanga Banga, had to go over the pits in 1990, for a full roadworthy at 2 years old.

Then they closed the pits, and went to “only necessary when selling” number. We went from the strictest system, to the slackest system in Australia……….

Now at 34 years old, with original plates, it’s never needed any roadworthy inspection since 1990!  Huh 

Go figure? 

As a responsible owner, I do ensure it’s always roadworthy, and in good condition……………. But looking around at a few smoke belching crappy older cars with ACT plates, it’s obvious not everyone else does.  Sad
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Happy yesterday - my box of rebuilt carbies and 123+ distributor arrived - its almost like you could hear angels sing when the box was opened - Big Grin

Just got to get my mechanic to fit them now!
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
"Slackest" system in Australia, Grant. Hold my beer!

Tassie has inspection when out of rego for over a month.  Thats it.  Nothing when you sell either.  If you had a pre 50's car for example and paid the rego every year you would not have had to have an inspection ever.  And how many by percentage of accidents due to unsafe vehicles do we have? If it was significant I can guarantee they would have jumped on it by now! The largest percentages by far are excessive speed for the conditions, alcohol and driver error. Not saying there aren't unroadworthy vehicles out there (oh hell there is!) or the system isnt flawed, but yearly inspection isn't necessarily the perfect fix.

SA I am sure has some even easier regulations when it comes to reregistering when unregistered.  Someone will have to clarify but I remember I was amazed.

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
When I bought the '71 from SA, it had been unregistered for over a year.
Owner just went online and put 6 months on it once I committed to the purchase, to clinch the deal.
It was bloody dangerous to drive.....
I had to get it out of the Adelaide Hills to the coast to meet CEVA, who were then transporting it back to Sydney.
I literally had to stand on the brakes and pull hard on the steering wheel to get it to come to a stop.
Lots of gearbox braking was the only thing that saved me heading down the hills......and it was a steep, hairy run out !!

Once home I found both rear wheel cylinders were shot and the nearside front caliber totally seized , the other leaking (very old) fluid.

I'm all for the annual inspections we have here in NSW.
At least you get some idea of the status of the vehicle.
(....and yes, there are dodgy Inspectors that "tick n flick" for an easy buck......)
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light