Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
bugger....still not found the issue Lorraine ?
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(05-12-2022, 10:01 AM)Oldman Wrote: bugger....still not found the issue Lorraine ?

Gave up. Apparently everything Andy had done was correct but after wasting 7 ltrs of brake fluid and many hours trying to bleed the system it was just not happening. There was just too much air in the system. Easy fix for the professional brake mechanics with their equipment.

They even warned Andy to be careful when he drives it as it stops too well now! 

I'm just pleased it's fixed and safe to drive again. Wink
1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
Nice outcome !
….especially for Andy….knowing that what he was doing was correct….
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Had to replace the CV boots that had split on the double cab and they haven't been on long or done many miles. They quality of German brand parts aren't made the same any more.
The cv got repacked with grease and a new boot and they are back on.

72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
(17-12-2022, 07:48 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: Had to replace the CV boots that had split on the double cab and they haven't been on long or done many miles. They quality of German brand parts aren't made the same any more.
The cv got repacked with grease and a new boot and they are back on.

Good set of grease proof gloves to do the job?  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
that's no good Wayne (I dislike that job) .. i had a set of no-name ones that lasted 500kms .. Lobro ones have been good since then. Patrick
Ive had a squeaky downshift, so thought the gear stick joint needed to be greased. Did that, paying close attention to position of everything. Also replaced the nylon bush at the front of the selector shaft. 
Now Im playing around to get it all aligned again. Reverse isnt as easy as it was a few days ago. 
?‍♂️

Thanks Tintop. I have that detail, but just couldn’t get it as good as before.

I had similar a problem after changing out all the bushings and guides on the gearshift rods.  Following the Bentley Manual (as above) got me 90% there, but I had to move floor plate 'bracket' around, on a trial & error basis, to find a position that allowed all gears to be selected reliably. Reverse is normally not a problem, and moving up through the gears is fine. However changing down can be a issue sometimes - particularly going from 3rd back to 2nd. 
I notice I have some wear on the gearshift lever and the stop plate, where they interact.  Not sure if this wear is contributing to the problem ?
1971 Sopru aka Doob