Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What made you happy today?
(25-09-2022, 05:33 PM)Wombatventures Wrote: After 2 - 3 weeks of not having time or the weather beating me I finally got to clear the weeds in my yard. Rain and then sun makes for inch high on bare dirt to 2 foot or more very rapid. 
Made for happy goats and sheep at a friend's block...

Sure as hell beats having to use the mower Terry.
(25-09-2022, 08:09 PM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Sure as hell beats having to use the mower Terry.

I had to hand pull and brushcut the weeds and barrow them out to the trailer Chris. Found some cool stuff down the back I hadn't seen since last year! Beats paying dump fees though. These guys get 1-2 trailer loads a day during this time of year.... they see me coming and start running to be at the fence when I pull up. Maybe next year I'll just put a couple in the yard!  Wink
(25-09-2022, 08:40 PM)Wombatventures Wrote: I had to hand pull and brushcut the weeds and barrow them out to the trailer Chris. Found some cool stuff down the back I hadn't seen since last year! Beats paying dump fees though. These guys get 1-2 trailer loads a day during this time of year.... they see me coming and start running to be at the fence when I pull up. Maybe next year I'll just put a couple in the yard!  Wink

That makes more sense ,1 goat would keep the whole lot down all the time and  would save you having to do anything.lol give him a beer or two as well and he will prune all you fruit trees too.
Hungry little buggers.
Opening up the kombi this morning to start unpacking.
I cracked open the slider to be greeted by that wonderful, campfire smoke impregnated aroma inside  Big Grin
….took me straight back to Old Bar, sitting around the fire with a few beverages of choice talking 5hit with friends…..made me very happy !
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(09-07-2022, 06:40 AM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Wow, got an increase in my pension so went n bought a cup of coffee , there goes the increase :-

Funny how the media beats up the huge pension rises for millions of pensioners but my increase is like yours. I can't work out why I paid tax all of those years to get a pittance after AMP swiped the super.
Working with Scotty at Melissa’s on sorting a few jobs with various kombis, undercover while the rain poured down. Not everyone’s idea of fun on holiday but was actually good to just get my hands dirty in a different place, on some different vans.

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
(06-10-2022, 07:22 AM)Mordred Wrote: Working with Scotty at Melissa’s on sorting a few jobs with various kombis, undercover while the rain poured down. Not everyone’s idea of fun on holiday but was actually good to just get my hands dirty in a different place, on some different vans.

Adrian

You loved it and we loved having you stay with us as part of your holiday!
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
What made me happy? The fabulous response of our emergency services - SES, Police, Fire Brigade, RFS, Ambulance.

Not so much as to why they were there though.

My driveway. The driver apologised for parking in the driveway. I said "Stay all night if you like". He said, after seeing Kit barking his head off "I love dogs"

and out the front...

The Story...
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
(06-10-2022, 08:37 PM)wirrah Wrote: What made me happy? The fabulous response of our emergency services - SES, Police, Fire Brigade, RFS, Ambulance.

Not so much as to why they were there though.

My driveway. The driver apologised for parking in the driveway. I said "Stay all night if you like". He said, after seeing Kit barking his head off "I love dogs"

and out the front...

The Story...
Oh thats a bit too close to home Greg Sad
I hear there was a large eagle involved.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(07-10-2022, 08:23 AM)Melissa Wrote: Oh thats a bit too close to home Greg Sad
I hear there was a large eagle involved.

I think another 'copter crash in Sydney was due to an eagle. It wouldn't surprise me as there are lots of Wedge Tails and White Bellies around here. If you do hear anything let me know.

It was a bizarre experience. We were both working in the office and heard a noise that sounded like a truck pulling up in our driveway and dumping a ton bricks.

Turned out not to be the case!
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.