Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What made you happy today?
Along the same - sort of - theme…….
We’ve been in a dilemma trying to work out how we were going to deal with Billie, our Boxer, while we’re away in Hawaii and then Bus Stop next year……
We have a great house/dog sitter couple that we’ve used previously but he’s now working fifo on the boats in WA and cannot commit.
With flights and accomodation booked for both events, we really needed a solution for the 4 weeks we’re away…..
Kim, no.2 son, found Dogwoods Country Kennels
https://dogwoods.com.au/
We drove out on Saturday for a meet and greet/assessment of Billie to see if she was suitable for this environment. The place is sensational !
Very dog savvy owners run a huge, fenced property that board dogs of all sizes.
Billie was introduced individually to the 27 dogs currently there, then in pairs, then 3’s and so on until she was allowed into the main paddock with her new found friends to find her place in the pack.
We walked around with all very happy dogs following us and Billie settled in extremely well.
Dogwoods also has a bore fed dam that the dogs can frolic in with plenty of shade.
They sleep in pairs so they’re never alone. 7am the dogs are out of their sleeping quarters and allowed to roam freely until dusk, when they are fed and bedded down.
So, Billie is booked in for our 6 day trip to Old Bar to make sure that it is suitable and, if so will be lodged there for our big trip/s next year……..
Oh, and all for $39 a day, food included.
Made us very happy to know Billie will be in a much better environment than the kennels/cells she’s been boarded in previously where she was only afforded an hour of exercise a day……..
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Well done. As a dog owner I've always wondered where you positioned Billie with your travels Wink .
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
We normally would have her with us on our travels if possible ....and definitely at Old Bar…..but we’re using this opportunity to try Dogwoods as prep. for the long haul next year….. Wink
Cheers,
Mark

After a  two day, protracted wrestle with my coffee machine, I can now report that it's fully operational and pulling shots again .....
Big Grin
It was a steep learning curve to say the least but I'm now pretty conversant with the Rancilio Silvia parts diagrams, wiring schedules and operational mechanics.
Replaced the Boiler,Heating Element, Boiler-Group O-ring,Over Temp.Thermostat, re-fitted the coffee and steam thermostats and replaced numerous fixings and copper washers .
No leaks under pressure test and the first (double) test shot was better than I can remember  Tongue
Life is too short for bad coffee .......
Cheers,
Mark

(17-09-2024, 05:57 PM)Oldman Wrote: After a  two day, protracted wrestle with my coffee machine, I can now report that it's fully operational and pulling shots again .....
Big Grin
It was a steep learning curve to say the least but I'm now pretty conversant with the Rancilio Silvia parts diagrams, wiring schedules and operational mechanics.
Replaced the Boiler,Heating Element, Boiler-Group O-ring,Over Temp.Thermostat, re-fitted the coffee and steam thermostats and replaced numerous fixings and copper washers .
No leaks under pressure test and the first (double) test shot was better than I can remember  Tongue
Life is too short for bad coffee .......

Big Grin That’s coffee commitment! Good for you Mark. I would add to that… life is also too short for bad beer.
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Or bad whiskey  Tongue
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Should be in 'Boomers fix stuff'.
Well done.
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
The first post about the coffee machine is, David ….
Big Grin
Didn’t see the need to repeat myself and the resolution made me happy, so here it is ! Tongue.
Cheers,
Mark

Our resident Maggies have just brought down their latest chick for an introduction....
I've heard it squawking in the gumtrees recently but it's been out of sight until this afternoon.
Both parents accompanied the squawking chick as he/she - (bit hard to determine the sex at this early stage) - followed the parents around our backyard, demanding a feed.
Billie is really good and just sits on the deck and watches without any hint of chasing them off.
Made me happy today.
Cheers,
Mark

It was yesterday but still feeling the warmth…

Our kids school had the year 12 send off assembly and Gracie was asked if she would sing and play guitar on stage. She decided, Time of Your Life by GreenDay, was fitting. She hadn’t played it before and the little smarty pants learnt it in about 10 mins.

My heart was beating out of my chest when she was asked on stage, but Paul and I were bursting with pride while she was up there singing in front of the whole school, performed like a little star and received a loud cheer at the end. 

Seeing Gracie’s huge smile, made me really happy.  Heart
Vera - ‘75 Bay