Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
Well done Phil! 

Nothing nicer than driving a proper healthy T3!  Big Grin
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(15-07-2024, 10:44 PM)Grantus Wrote: You can drop by anytime, and bring the window to get it sorted.

If not, when you are ready, let me know and I’ll post you my cord and insert tool, that I did my windows on both the Velle & SC. Much less swearing than “weed trimmer line”, and more than happy to lend it to you.  Shy 

Thanks a bunch Grant.  Heart The window isn’t really a big priority but an excuse to catch up with KCA buddies.  Cool
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(25-07-2024, 08:56 PM)Oldman Wrote: Wow Phil, that’s a lot of work !!!
Nice to have the contacts and workshop facility to make it all happen, hey.

Yes it is.  Andy had a lot of the prep work done before I arrived ie had the lower ball joints already installed in spindles and the sway bar fitted up and ready for installation.  And as usual all spray painted so all looks like new.  Really happy with the results.
(25-07-2024, 09:19 PM)Grantus Wrote: Well done Phil! 

Nothing nicer than driving a proper healthy T3!  Big Grin

Thanks Grant.  It drives real nice and believe it or not when you put a little bit of weight in it the ride is even nicer.
(26-07-2024, 08:58 AM)luckyphil Wrote: Thanks Grant.  It drives real nice and believe it or not when you put a little bit of weight in it the ride is even nicer.

Doesn’t surprise me - like a truck!

Any trucks I’ve driven, no matter how large, sit and handle the best, with around 60% load capacity on board.  Cool
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
I had a spare rear kick panel from a T3 so I cut it down for my bay. Now I have a bit more storage space where stuff keeps falling out.

Needs to be shortened in width and height a bit and you need to relocate the clips as T3’s have 2 supports and bays 3 

That was a pain as the fasteners are more of a rivet rather than a pop rivet. 
I found some low dome hex bolts as you need to not encroach on the clamp / leg space

There is a bit of a cut out on the far side as that is from the air cond pipes. 

“One day” I will do something. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Looks really good!
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Replaced the two cast aluminium pole hinges on the rear awning.
Same issue as the side awning….hinges need to flex to allow slope in the awning sail. The stock aluminium castings are rigid and do not flex.
Bought a pair of Darche Super Flex Hinges and swapped the aluminium ones out….
Took all of 10 minutes all up and the awning can now be pitched at as steep an angle as I wish, without stressing the main hinge point.
Highly recommend this modification, the hinges are available from a number of places but I used Snowys Outdoors:

https://www.snowys.com.au/search?w=darch...inge%202pk

Great price, great service.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Went for a roll. First run since Easter. Been working on our track and its now Kombi navagable. Been towing Schmett out with the 60 series for a long time now. Will get out a bit more now its easy.
100 km loop with a nice coffee stop at Healesville. Real Sunday drivers.
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
What did you do to your track to make it Kombi friendly?
Nice to get out in a Kombi Big Grin .
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren