Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panel Clips
Hi all, 
       Just a couple of quick questions. I've started going over the interior of my '72 van, getting it all ready for a coat of paint, and I'm trying to figure out which holes are supposed to be there, and which aren't. It honestly looks like it's been strafed by an A10 warthog......In it's past it's obviously had a dozen different curtains and door cards screwed in, and I'm in the process of welding the unnecessary ones. My question is, what holds the very rear 2 cards in place...the one behind the spare, and the other side. I already have a brand new set of cards for the whole bus, but these 2 are the only ones that don't have holes for the push clips. Also the holes in the van are smaller than the front ones, so they obviously don't have the same kind of fixing......

Second question is, what would you all recommend for painting the floor. I'm thinking of a raptor-like sound deadener. I will be using sound mat on the verticals and the roof, but I don't like adhesive mat on the floor as I believe it tends to trap moisture....I've replaced the floors front to back, so it's a blank canvas..

Appreciate any help, thanks
                                                                                                Mark
Mark
Mine is a 76 but reckon it should be similar. 
It is original and not changed. 
A bit grotty - but original. 

There is a “slide?” Or “slot” at the rear vertical and then there are 4 screws across the top that have caps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(22-07-2024, 04:15 PM)Barry Wrote: Mark
Mine is a 76 but reckon it should be similar. 
It is original and not changed. 
A bit grotty - but original. 

There is a “slide?” Or “slot” at the rear vertical and then there are 4 screws across the top that have caps.

Ah, thanks Barry. That makes it easier. I'll find some nice s/s screws to hold them on. I was confused because all the new cards I bought had pre-drilled holes for fixings, except those two.
                                                                                   Mark
My 72 has 5 screws, with a cap over the top. One you can't see behind the seatbelt. These are still original cards that I had recovered. As mentioned there is a vertical metal strip along the back edge holding it in place near the door opening.

72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute

(22-07-2024, 06:49 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: My 72 has 5 screws, with a cap over the top. One you can't see behind the seatbelt. These are still original cards that I had recovered. As mentioned there is a vertical metal strip along the back edge holding it in place near the door opening.
Thanks Wayne. Are those caps something that's available from the usual places? Or are they a generic item? 

Mark
Hi Mark,
Those black caps are original ones, you can buy new ones from overseas, off hand I can't remember from whom, I 'll have to look my self to find it myself, if you want. Not sure if you can still buy the screws that go with it, as they have a lip on the edge of the head of the screw.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute

(24-07-2024, 06:31 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: Hi Mark,
Those black caps are original ones, you can buy new ones from overseas, off hand I can't remember from whom, I 'll have to look my self to find it myself, if you want. Not sure if you can still buy the screws that go with it, as they have a lip on the edge of the head of the screw.

Thanks Wayne. I've been having a bit of a look around, and Bunnings sells something similar for mirrors. It's a plastic washer under the screw head, then a cap clips over the top.....comes in white and chrome I think....not exactly the same, but seeing as how my bus will never be original again, they might do the job....also my bus is getting painted white with red interior, so white caps on the screws might look good.
                                                                                 Mark