Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(22-04-2024, 03:15 PM)Oldman Wrote: Welcome to KCA Markop....
Do you HAVE to change the speedo ?
Many are running with original equipment in mph, you'll learn pretty quickly the important conversions like 40,60,80 and 100 kph.
Nice to keep the bus as original as possible in my opinion.
Might be a blue slip requirement.  Huh
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
…..maybe…..
I’ve never faced that with my son’s’71…blue slipped once , pink slipped heaps and now on Club rego.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(22-04-2024, 03:15 PM)Oldman Wrote: Welcome to KCA Markop....
Do you HAVE to change the speedo ?
Many are running with original equipment in mph, you'll learn pretty quickly the important conversions like 40,60,80 and 100 kph.
Nice to keep the bus as original as possible in my opinion.
...or just pretend you didn't realise it was MPH.
Probably a valid reason to appeal a speeding fine if you are ever in Victoria!
PR
As David said - the easiest way is a sticker over the top of your speedo - even if it is for rego, and if you dont want to keep it, you can always peel it off Wink

I have one on my 62. Looking at it now - it's pretty optimistic to think Little Red could do that speed!! Hahaha

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(22-04-2024, 07:21 PM)Melissa Wrote: As David said - the easiest way is a sticker over the top of your speedo - even if it is for rego, and if you dont want to keep it, you can always peel it off Wink

I have one on my 62. Looking at it now - it's pretty optimistic to think Little Red could do that speed!! Hahaha

Big Grin  By the T3, the speedo dial includes 180kph….. yet the top speed in the manual states 147kph, so even the 160kph mark, let alone the 180kph one, is totally pointless!  Tongue
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(22-04-2024, 07:21 PM)Melissa Wrote: I have one on my 62. Looking at it now - it's pretty optimistic to think Little Red could do that speed!! Hahaha
Be optimistic Melissa.
Little Red would have been capable of that speed in Victoria way back in 2003.

A 1975 Datsun 120Y was recorded by a speed camera travelling at 158kmh. The owner arranged for independent testing that showed the car could only reach a top speed of 117 km/h.

In another famous case, a truck capable of doing a maximum of 140kmh was photographed travelling at a supposed 174kmh. Up a hill.

PR
Just curious why a '77 bus would be in MPH unless it was a UK import.
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
Thanks team for the responses. I only assumed that it would fail the pits with mph speedo. I'll take her over the pits and hope for the best, if not a sticker is next option. Wish me luck. ? 
I'll get some picts up in the next few weeks.
(23-04-2024, 03:12 PM)Markop13 Wrote: I only assumed that it would fail the pits with mph speedo. 

As a kombi owner, you'll learn very quickly not to assume anything !!
Big Grin
Good luck with the rego.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Got my DC ute blue slipped in 2020 with a MPH speedo, I can't see why you need to change it over unless it's a WA requirement. 
My only kombi with a KPM speedo, I would even change it out for a MPH speedo if I could find a black face MPH speedo with trip meter. Smile Big Grin
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !