Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
(02-06-2024, 02:15 PM)Barry Wrote: WOW…… you have bitten off a big job there. 
As much as I want air cond this is the exact reason I didn’t go down that path

Already has the aircon Barry, which works well.
No fuses blown for the fan, which is a bit strange. The bearing is very rough. If I can't get it running I'll get a new one.
(02-06-2024, 09:41 PM)Njg02 Wrote: Already has the aircon Barry, which works well.
No fuses blown for the fan, which is a bit strange. The bearing is very rough. If I can't get it running I'll get a new one.

Just check that it is getting power. Sometimes the track in the fuse box burns out before the fuse.
Just check that it is getting power. Sometimes the track in the fuse box burns out before the fuse.

There is power at the switch. Just nothing at the motor.
(03-06-2024, 06:49 PM)Njg02 Wrote: Just check that it is getting power. Sometimes the track in the fuse box burns out before the fuse.

There is power at the switch. Just nothing at the motor.

Red/Black is power to the switch.

Put switch on full speed you should get power at the yellow. If not your switch is defective.  (White is speed 1 and Yellow/Black is speed 2)
Replaced the windscreen single jet nozzles with 3 jet nozzle units......
Much, much better !
Easy upgrade, cheap parts and makes a huge difference  Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(10-06-2024, 02:41 PM)Oldman Wrote: Replaced the windscreen single jet nozzles with 3 jet nozzle units......
Much, much better !
Easy upgrade, cheap parts and makes a huge difference  Big Grin

Hi Mark, what was the cost of replacing  the windscreen and if applicable, what was the company that did it.
Mind badly needs doing

Thanks Chris
(11-06-2024, 11:05 PM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Hi Mark, what was the cost of replacing  the windscreen and if applicable, what was the company that did it.
Mind badly needs doing

Thanks Chris

Chris - check your insurance - most companies have a free glass replacement every year without the need of paying an excess.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(11-06-2024, 11:05 PM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Hi Mark, what was the cost of replacing  the windscreen and if applicable, what was the company that did it.
Mind badly needs doing

Thanks Chris

Hey Chris,, didn’t replace the windscreen….just the windscreen washer jets.
As Mel posted, worth checking your insurance co. to see if they include 1free windscreen per year.
I know Shannon’s do.
Hope all’s well with you….
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light