Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What made you happy today?
The radiator in this is pressurised and they were are it the original tank. It is quite a bit smaller than it appears, as the top tank is very large compared with the core underneath it. The engine is basically a mini engine with out the gearbox mounted underneath.  This one also has an alternator when it came out with a generator and the brakes and clutch have been changed to hydraulic.

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
(17-11-2023, 01:48 PM)Mordred Wrote: The radiator in this is pressurised and they were are it the original tank. It is quite a bit smaller than it appears, as the top tank is very large compared with the core underneath it. The engine is basically a mini engine with out the gearbox mounted underneath.  This one also has an alternator when it came out with a generator and the brakes and clutch have been changed to hydraulic.

Adrian
Used to have A40 when I got married that had the green motor in it, took it on our honeymoon  all down through the Sth East of Sth Aust ,extremely reliable engine, the wife learnt to drive and got her licence using it.eventually I sold and bought 6 cly Vauxall. In those days when you opened the bonnet you could actually  see the engine, not like today's cars, and we're so easy to work on.
(10-11-2023, 02:51 PM)Grantus Wrote: From the AIOA website:

Oh cheers Grant! We actually attended the awards gala night and ended up winning reserve champion in this category which made us pretty happy! I decided it could actually be called the ‘We didn’t get divorced award! Big Grin ’ Nice to be rewarded for all the hard work and uncertain times that goes with it all.
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(19-11-2023, 05:32 PM)Ninga Wrote: Oh cheers Grant! We actually attended the awards gala night and ended up winning reserve champion in this category which made us pretty happy! I decided it could actually be called the ‘We didn’t get divorced award! Big Grin ’ Nice to be rewarded for all the hard work and uncertain times that goes with it all.

Congrats. Gilmore crew……no such thing as an overnight success…….success requires a 5hitload of blood, sweat and tears. You’ve put your share in and now it’s time to enjoy the recognition of your efforts. Heart
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
So happy to have this little guy still with us. Spud was bitten by a brown snake a couple of weeks ago… Fortunately Paul was home and raced him to the vet after noticing he wasn’t well. TWO doses of anti venom and one lucky little dog returned home the following day. From the symptoms, the vet said it was likely a brown snake and the possible culprit was found a few days later, which Paul ‘took care of.’ 
Then, on Friday, I heard our Blue Heeler barking strangely in the garden, so put both dogs inside and saw why she was upset… another brown snake! Unfortunately Paul was an hour away for work and I had to act before I lost sight of it. Something I hate doing but can’t risk the kids or pets safety being so close to the house.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(19-11-2023, 05:43 PM)Oldman Wrote: Congrats. Gilmore crew……no such thing as an overnight success…….success requires a 5hitload of blood, sweat and tears. You’ve put your share in and now it’s time to enjoy the recognition of your efforts. Heart

Thanks Mark, that means heaps. X
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
(19-11-2023, 05:32 PM)Ninga Wrote: Oh cheers Grant! We actually attended the awards gala night and ended up winning reserve champion in this category which made us pretty happy! I decided it could actually be called the ‘We didn’t get divorced award! Big Grin ’ Nice to be rewarded for all the hard work and uncertain times that goes with it all.

Worthy win guys!

When’s your new online shop going to be up and running?

Just drained the last of your golden juice, and tried to order some more, but the old online shop is not there anymore…. Confused
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(19-11-2023, 05:51 PM)Ninga Wrote: So happy to have this little guy still with us. Spud was bitten by a brown snake a couple of weeks ago… Fortunately Paul was home and raced him to the vet after noticing he wasn’t well. TWO doses of anti venom and one lucky little dog returned home the following day. From the symptoms, the vet said it was likely a brown snake and the possible culprit was found a few days later, which Paul ‘took care of.’ 
Then, on Friday, I heard our Blue Heeler barking strangely in the garden, so put both dogs inside and saw why she was upset… another brown snake! Unfortunately Paul was an hour away for work and I had to act before I lost sight of it. Something I hate doing but can’t risk the kids or pets safety being so close to the house.

Those brown snakes just never play well, with pets or kids, do they?  Angry
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(19-11-2023, 05:51 PM)Ninga Wrote: So happy to have this little guy still with us. Spud was bitten by a brown snake a couple of weeks ago… Fortunately Paul was home and raced him to the vet after noticing he wasn’t well. TWO doses of anti venom and one lucky little dog returned home the following day. From the symptoms, the vet said it was likely a brown snake and the possible culprit was found a few days later, which Paul ‘took care of.’ 

That would be one expensive trip to the vet. ouch. Hope the lucky little fellow recovers well.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
(19-11-2023, 05:51 PM)Ninga Wrote: So happy to have this little guy still with us. Spud was bitten by a brown snake a couple of weeks ago…

Glad Spud is OK. At the moment, everytime I'm out in the yard with the Cockers I'm looking out for the Elapids. The browns are my real concern. After our eventful afternoon with the black snake in September I'm not overly concerned about those. Fortunately I have not seen a single snake since then.
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.