Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunburnt Express to Bay to Birdwood
Dno decided to do the tappets and change the plugs on the bus and tune the carbi before our week driving around the peninsula. 
We had been given a metal plaque for completing the Bay to Birdwood event. Dno had it propped up on the front of the bus against the air vent. I took it out to show cousin Russ and when i put it back it slipped in like posting a letter and went to join all the other small items been there since 1961! Russ was determined to get it out so armed with tape on a small screwdriver, and me giving instructions from the outside, he got it first go…… until it hit the windows and dropped straight back in. We got it after a few more turns and straight into the bag till we get home! 
After resting up Dno’s KCK (kombi clutch knee, remember it is 1961 motering) for a day we then heading down the coast for a look about. Found some cool art along the beach front and a nice brunch.  The bus deciding to do the random not starting thing again on us but after a tweak of the connect to the starter motor we were on our way.  Wind was picking up so we headed back inland, doing a U-ey at a strawberry farm before arriving at friends at Blakiston. Out for tea to the local Prancing Pony brewery where we got caught up in the pub quiz and while coming 2nd last we did win a jug of beer for a bonus round. Happy days!

Hayley (Quombi)
Sunburnt Express - it’s only original once
No we are not restoring it, we are preserving it and driving it!

Messages In This Thread
Sunburnt Express to Bay to Birdwood - by Quombi - 24-10-2023, 02:56 PM
RE: Sunburnt Express to Bay to Birdwood - by Quombi - 07-11-2023, 08:04 PM