Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olive's Trip to Valla
To continue on with this post on the way back from Raleigh we popped back into Valla where they had a VW car wash set up, Olive never had time for a wash before we left and that was probably a good thing as it poured when we left and it followed us most of the way up the coast, so a wash she got so that she was nice and clean for the street parade, we also hung around and had a feed and caught up with some friends and the band was also playing so it was nice to sit around for a bit, Saturday was up early and back out to Valla to queue up for the cruise back to Nambucca, we got there pretty early and the line already went halfway around the park, anyway the cruise got going and this year things had changed for the main street with not as many cars allowed in for some reason, we got to 3 cars from the main street and were diverted down the hill behind the shops to another car park, about 200 steps and we were up to the shops, what an awesome sight it is to see so many VW's all in one place, if you have never been its well worth the trip just for this

[img][Image: SFvlyo3.jpg?2][/img]

Once everyone departed we went back to the White Albatross and took the dogs for a walk along the V Wall which is virtually an outdoor art gallery where anyone can leave their memories, quotes or art, there are some very talented people around thats for sure

[img][Image: xx0ExUM.jpg?1][/img]

[img][Image: 8VvOKRe.jpg?1][/img]

[img][Image: qrd6jvW.jpg?1][/img]

[img][Image: VzYY7ra.jpg?1][/img]

[img][Image: K7IIaXn.jpg?1][/img]

Saturday night was sitting around the camp chatting with friends with a few quiet drinks.

Sunday was the show and shine so it was back again early to Valla, awesome cars and busses which dominated big time with numbers, again caught up with lots of friends, so much so that I never even got time to check out the swap meet or take many photos, saying that it was still an awesome time/day

[img][Image: JfVLHi4.jpg?1][/img]

[img][Image: MyKXwGo.jpg][/img]

Sunday afternoon was back to the White Albatross and pull down the tent, there had been very heavy dew of a morning and I hate packing up tents that are wet, so it was everyone back into the Kombi for the night.
Monday morning it was back on the road for home, lots of VW's heading down the highway doing the same thing,

[img][Image: LNqqAIs.png?2][/img]

We had a couple of stops along the way, one to meet up with a couple of friends from Nelson Bay, they had heard that we were going to be selling Olive and wanted a look, we met up at Heatherbrae Pies and they checked her out, took her for a run and fell in love, they have to sell their Beetle first and I still have a few things that I want to finish so they should pick her up in a few weeks, they will get out to the VW/ Kombi events so you should still see her around.
Next we were off to East Maitland where I had previously bought some Sopru camper parts and the people kindly held on too them for us to pick up on the way home, good thing I never got to the swap meet because we were even more well loaded by the time we left, then we were headed for or stop for the night which was Norah Head, got there again after dark and set up and had a feed and a rather quiet night as exhaustion set upon us.

[img][Image: 3qKn2A3.jpg][/img]

Run out of space for photos again sorry, t be continued again,cheers Greg
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily

Messages In This Thread
Olive's Trip to Valla - by onetrackwonder - 15-08-2022, 07:33 PM
RE: Olive's Trip to Valla - by onetrackwonder - 18-08-2022, 08:05 PM
RE: Olive's Trip to Valla - by onetrackwonder - 18-08-2022, 08:10 PM