Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
After a run up to Swansea two weekends back for a birthday party which was the best, the front fresh air inlet was letting in way too much cold air for this time of year, just after Xmas I had the grille off and it all open and the genuine rubber seals had fallen off, they looked very supple so I cleaned them back up, re painted the flaps and under the front grille as it was starting to get surface rust and re glued the seals back on, after the cold trip my thoughts were that the contact cement that I used on the seals had failed so I pulled it back out only to find all was good, put it all back together and hopped under the dash for a look only to find one of the c-clips on the control arm missing and the arm hanging down out of the flap control, only a couple of months ago, I had installed a new wiper motor and had all of the ducts out so I expect I somehow dislodged it, while I was in there I also fixed the windscreen washer that also had stopped working, happy days, cheers Greg
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Oldman - 01-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Wheel refurb - by ruby6689 - 20-12-2022, 10:52 AM
RE: Wheel refurb - by Barry - 20-12-2022, 11:45 AM
RE: What did you do to your kombi today ? - by onetrackwonder - 07-08-2023, 09:11 AM