Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
After 7 months of the SC being an unregistered “motorised wheelbarrow” around the block, it has work to do, and was time to put it back on the road. Charged the battery overnight, filled it up with coolant and checked the oil level.

Got online, and paid for the rego, and set off. Had no idea how much fuel was still in it, but I knew it was very low. If I didn’t know better, I would have thought the fuel guage was broken. Didn’t change from below empty with ignition on, or off!

Got to around 3kms away from the petrol station, and it started to hesitate. Gentle left right with the steering wheel, and it found a little more fuel, and picked up slightly. Turn right into the street, and it really hesitated, with the petrol station in sight. “C’mon, keep going!!!” It found enough fumes to get into the station and pull up at the bowser. Idling, I wondered if there was anymore? Touched the accelerator…..and it died!.

Managed to put 60.4 litres in, and it only has a 60 litre tank!!!  Big Grin

Saved me bothering to drain out the old stale fuel, before putting it back on the road, I guess…….  Tongue
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Oldman - 01-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Wheel refurb - by ruby6689 - 20-12-2022, 10:52 AM
RE: Wheel refurb - by Barry - 20-12-2022, 11:45 AM
RE: What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Grantus - 24-05-2023, 05:59 PM