Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
Before the new site works, I was in the middle of cleaning up the electricals in the front of my bus.  I have been adding another power feed to the front from the Starter motor post (fused this time) to take the load of the existing original power feed(not fused) and reduce the load of the accessories on the contacts in the ignition switch.  Basically the new power feed will go to a relay switched by the ignition.  I have radio, CB, USB and cigarette lighter port all feeding off it at the moment (with a bypass switch to turn them on if the ignition is off) so the extra load is a lot more than it was designed for.

I have also found that all of the extra positions in the bottom of the fuse box next to the headlight and flasher relays will fit any standard small vehicle relay, so if you have non insulated spade connectors you can fit 4 new relays under there so they are all in one place.

Bearing in mind the loom around there is a bit of a birds nest from the factory, some care must be taken but I believe the effort will be worth it.

Now the old KC site is not accessible I might have some time to get back to it before camping in a few weeks.

Cheers

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Oldman - 01-07-2022, 09:32 AM
RE: What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Mordred - 07-07-2022, 08:27 AM
Wheel refurb - by ruby6689 - 20-12-2022, 10:52 AM
RE: Wheel refurb - by Barry - 20-12-2022, 11:45 AM