Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boomers Fix Stuff !! What have you repaired ?
Here is one a bit simpler but a problem suffered quite often.
The eyelet in the synthetic leather work pants belt finally pull out, probably the result of living in a good paddock for so long :lol:
I really like this belt, but it wasn't tight enough to hold my pants around the hips and the area any higher was no longer the correct shape Blush . If I had just punched another hole, it would have torn out in no time, so the fix was a 5mm rivnut that the buckle tang fitted through, 8mm flat washer each side of the belt for reinforcing and a 6mm flat washer to lock the outside washer in place. 
The process, 8mm washer over the 5mm rivnut and place in the spot for the new hole, tap over the rivnut so it cuts through the leather, inserted from the inside of the belt, the second 8mm flat washer on the outside, crush the rivnut in the vice, the rivnut collar wasn't enough for both washers and the belt thickness, so a small socket that fitted over the rivnut, the 6mm washer over the end of the rivnut but too tight to fit, press into place with the socket and squashed in the vice. The 6mm washer goes concaved and holds the 8mm washer against the outside of the belt.
 The tang in the buckle now fits neat through the 5mm rivnut hole and the two x 8mm washers supply enough areas to stop it pulling through the leather ..... I have two cloth type Aldi belts that were favourites that will get this fix applied to them next  Cool 

T1 Terry

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boomers Fix Stuff !! What have you repaired ? - by T1 Terry - 14-02-2023, 11:43 AM