Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cab door adjustment 1974 Kombi
(25-01-2023, 03:52 PM)baliboy.schroeder@gmail.com Wrote: Thanks Wayne, I think I have a better understanding now. I think the van sometime ago may have had a shunt in the front. No physical damage notable but the top right corner of the door was rubbing against the piller. So I put some washers behind the hinges to take off the pressure. This is fine now, but now trying to align closure.  I will take your advice and take pressure off the top left corner of the door. I may have over compensated moving the hinges too. And then I have trouble with the striker plate, it catches but does not close completely, I understand there needs to be adjustments there too,

I have used washers as spacers, but I thought there would be flat metal spacers with holes available ??

Thanks for your advice ,much appreciated

I made my own spacers and I don't thing there is any available.
Have you measured the door opening from left to right as a comparison. I had issues with my double cab I compared it to my other 72's and the opening was smaller by 2-3 mm .it must of have been in an accident at some point. I can measure one of mine from striker plate horizontal across  to door jam A pillar and see what you and I get.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cab door adjustment 1974 Kombi - by Wayne Murray - 25-01-2023, 08:00 PM