Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
(10-01-2023, 01:47 PM)T1 Terry Wrote: Seems to have worked. No sign of any leaks through the Stag compound or around the pea size bit I plugged the main hole with, so I mixed up enough putty to make piece to fill over the hollowed out section created by the exhaust pipe.
It seemed to stick to the Stag ok, so wrapped the exhaust in that heat proofing exhaust tape, cable tie each end because I didn't have any of the metal straps on hand, and Margaret and Brian have headed off on the 200km round trip to Adelaide to pick up Victron gear for a job in the workshop and basically shop till they close the last shop before heading home :lol:
I guess I'll get a phone call if the leak starts again, the petrol smell was pretty intense with the fuel dripping onto the exhaust and boiling off .....

T1 Terry

It must have done the job. Margaret has clocked up quite a few kms since the repair and it has had quite a few trips up and down the bush track and no leaks .......  Cool

T1 Terry

Messages In This Thread
Beetle Resto - by Alpal - 08-07-2022, 08:52 PM
RE: Beetle Resto - by Grantus - 08-07-2022, 09:13 PM
RE: What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today? - by T1 Terry - 16-01-2023, 12:24 PM