Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
Have been having issues with my BA Falcon One Tonner auto trans. Over the last couple of months the transmission heat light has come on when I've been on the way home from a longer run with a load on. It started getting worse while we were away for Xmas. 
Ford in their wisdom don't fit a dipstick for the trans anymore. Not since the AU. The owners manual states the trans doesn't need servicing or minimal attention. Fluid may need to be changed anywhere from 45000km to the life of the car. Vehicles used for regular towing may require a more frequent fluid replacement. 
I last had the fluid changed about 30000 ago. So drop pan off last weekend. Fluid brown not red....
Got a service kit (filter and 12 litres of fluid) this week.
So today....
Dropped pan off, thank you Ford  for no drain plug!
Replaced filter and pan gasket. Refilled trans. 
Pulled grill off and hose from trans cooler. Hose into bottle, run car... 2 litres very dark fluid... Refill trans...repeat....repeat...repeat...repeat. eventually 12 litres of new fluid, a fair bit redder.
Absolute bloody mess and sick of having to slide in and out under the bloody car 30 or more times.
Oh for a hoist... And a decent designed car!

Messages In This Thread
Beetle Resto - by Alpal - 08-07-2022, 08:52 PM
RE: Beetle Resto - by Grantus - 08-07-2022, 09:13 PM
RE: What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today? - by Wombatventures - 15-01-2023, 09:13 PM