Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boomers Fix Stuff !! What have you repaired ?
Title of this Thread was inspired by a discussion I had recently with my 31 year old...... Big Grin

We have a component stereo/tv system that I put together many years ago. Separate: Amp., Tuner/Receiver, TV, Chromecast, Blue Ray player, iPod etc.
Way back, I bought a Logitech 600 "multi" remote, capable of being programmed to control all the pieces individually or in an organised sequence.
It's worked fine for many years but recently the buttons have become a bit hit and miss and I commented to our eldest that I really should pull it apart and see if I can fix it.
"Bloody Boomers ! " .....was his response,
"Just go out and buy a new one....by the time you dick around with it and probably stuff it up completely, it would be quicker and easier to replace it......"

Well, after that comment I was most definitely going to have a crack at repairing it !! 
Challenge accepted  Tongue
First up, Logitech no longer make these multi remotes and if you can find one new, they are hundreds of dollars....not my first option !
So, after a bit of YouTube searching/watching, I found a Tech guy that has posted how to repair these exact remotes !!
15 minutes later and now with a remote totally dismantled, I was able to clean all the contact points of the push buttons, reassemble and the remote is now working like new !!  Cool
Very happy that the remote is fixed and that I was able to do it with a bit of a "can do " attitude.

So, what have you fixed lately ?
(Not Kombi related....there are other Threads more appropriate for that. )
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light

Messages In This Thread
Boomers Fix Stuff !! What have you repaired ? - by Oldman - 11-01-2023, 09:16 AM