Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
Kombi has been off the road with starter motor issues again, but with the Prius off the rad at the moment, Kombi got the attention it needed .... well some of it anyway  Big Grin
Starter out and dig trough the bits of the other dead starters to get enough bits to build another one. Another very used 50Ah 4 cell lithium battery assembled and presto, Kombi came back to life via the key rather than a tow down the road to clutch start it.

Driving back to the house I realised how,spoilt I was driving the ex taxi Prius, air conditioning, smooth ride and nice and quiet on the dirt roads and the bush track to the back of the house ..... Kombi has none of those things  Blush

Yesterday, in the 45*C plus heat, had to drive to Mt Barker to get the stuff to repair the Prius fuel tank. A few kms on petrol and it started missing and running rather poorly, switch to LPG and away we went ..... until the gas converter froze, so a constant switch between the two fuels or drive under 80km/h to avoid the gas converter freeze up ... should have stopped and taken a photo of the gas converter, air cleaner pipe pipes and the carbies with snow on them, the ultimate cold air intake :lol:

Sunday afternoon, on the return trip, I stopped in at the workshop and loaded up some solar panels ready to fit them on the house preparing to go off grid. Wasn't too keen on the idea of carry them down the track I've made to get from the house to the top parking spot, so I decided to try driving through the water back up Purnong Rd from Flood Rd .... Kombi did it easy.
Unloaded the solar this morning and drove back up the same piece of road .... water didn't look to be any higher ..... when the water and duck weed started to come up around the handbrake and gear lever, it suggested it had got deeper over night. Poor Kombi lost a bit of its startling performance, lots of spluttering and running on a few cyls, but at least made it the 20km back to the workshop. First thought was running out of gas, so filled that up, only 40 trs so it wasn't that, but kombi started again a chugged up to the workshop.
opened the engine hatch and the water had pushed the foam dist sleeve out and a liberal coating of mud and duck weed around various bits of the engine  Rolleyes But, Kombi never left us stranded, so some cleaning up and dewatering required ready for tonight trip down the track ..... I might skip the water crossing this time Wink

T1 Terry

Magaret made a short video of the trip up the road and is in the process of posting her first You Tube video .... when it happens I'll put a link up.

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Oldman - 01-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Wheel refurb - by ruby6689 - 20-12-2022, 10:52 AM
RE: Wheel refurb - by Barry - 20-12-2022, 11:45 AM
RE: What did you do to your kombi today ? - by T1 Terry - 09-01-2023, 02:33 PM