Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
Travelling up and down the bush track from the rear of our block to get to a dirt road (main bitumen road is under water few houses in each direction from our house) has been a bit hard on the under side of the Prius. The end result was the exhaust pipe being pressed up against the plastic fuel tank till if rubbed through the heat shield and melted a hole in the fuel tank ...... time to get the Kombi back on the road ....... another thread for that story

Today I'm attempting to plug the holes. Bought some Dynasteel brand Plastic fuel tank repair stuff, that consists of a log of two types of putty. Cut a bit off and mix it together and ...... yeah, petrol leaking too fast to get the stuff to stick, so a pea size bit jammed into the biggest hole and that slowed the leaking considerably .... but not completely and the putty stuff wouldn't stick. Out with the "Stag" if it seals porous aluminium cases in British motorcycles, it should do the trick. Pasted a nice thick layer over the whole melted bit and bingo, stropped the petrol seeping through ...... now I find out Stag needs 24 hrs min to dry ..... Rolleyes  To be continued tomorrow it seems ...... I also bought a roll of exhaust wrap to put on the exhaust pipe in the hope that will stop a repeat performance .....

T1 Terry

Messages In This Thread
Beetle Resto - by Alpal - 08-07-2022, 08:52 PM
RE: Beetle Resto - by Grantus - 08-07-2022, 09:13 PM
RE: What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today? - by T1 Terry - 09-01-2023, 02:07 PM