Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The horn is driving me crazy! (Shorting out, so the horn is always making a noise)
Yes...I agree with the philosophy of 'if it aint broke don't fix it '  - but if I ever need to do any work on the steering column at some stage I may try to re-wire the horn,
As for fuse allocations !! - The Bentley Manual is a USA publication so I guess aimed primarily at Buses built for the USA market? - I am fairly sure our 1971 Bus was assembled in Australia (Vic). I have come across a few minor anomalies in the circuit diagrams in the Bentley Manual and our 'as built' Ozy Bus.  Our Bus wiring is most like the 1972 (Drawing F) in the Manual with aspects of the earlier 1971 (Drawing E2) [ e,g our Bus had a generator, not the alternator depicted in Drawing F]
The actual fuse allocations are most like 1972 [Bentley Section 4 - table (a) on page 5] - but again with aspects of 1971 [e.g the horn on fuse #10 ] 
On my fuse box, fuses 10,11 & 12 are all bridged on the lower input side..so I guess it does not make a big difference if the horn is on fuse 10 or 12. 
I am yet to get a definitive logic for the allocation of the 8amp and 16 amp fuses ??

I would kill for a look at the original 1971 & 1972 Australian issued Owners Manuals and the fuse box drawing.

A few years ago I went to great lengths to map out the fuse box & relay wiring on our Bus. 
See attached sketch. (The spot light & USB charger wires are additions) 

Cheers Grant
.pdf   Kombi 1971 Fuse Box & relay drawing.pdf (Size: 187.98 KB / Downloads: 3)
1971 Sopru aka Doob

Messages In This Thread
RE: The horn is driving me crazy! (Shorting out, so the horn is always making a noise) - by Doob - 02-01-2023, 09:34 AM