Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
(09-10-2022, 04:12 PM)Oldman Wrote: Jumped in the kombi to head off to the hardware store and the accelerator pedal hit the floor.......snapped cable  Dodgy

Kind of happy really....it could have happened anywhere between home, Old Bar and back and that would've been really frustrating.
Removal of the old cable was a p.o.p and I threaded a draw wire to attach the new cable to.....took a few goes but made it all the way through...so far so good.....
Turns out the draw wire was not a great idea and the taped intersection gave way, even though I wrapped it pretty well.
I ended up jacking the rear of the bus up (...LOVE my HD high lift  4WD jack...it lifts the entire rear end quickly and safely) and put it on wheel stands.
I pulled the new cable through a bag of grease and threaded from the front...slowly, slowly....at the junction of sections I just pulled the sections apart and kept threading, reconnecting the sections once the new cable was through...easy as !
Out through the fire wall and I'm back in business.....or so I thought.  Confused 
I went back under the front, connected the accelerator end, packed the pedal up and headed to the engine bay to tighten and connect.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH !!!! 
It's about 100 mm too short  Angry Turns out my "spare" is correct year range but is for a 1600, not a 2000......
So, the bus is still on stands and I'll pick up the correct cable tomorrow and finish the job.
Can't win 'em all I suppose....... Tongue

Can feel your 'win' & sense of frustration Huh with the fail.
A few clutch cables for me before KC knowledge sorted it.
So many cable lengths for clutch & accelerator for all the models. 
Check & check,
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Oldman - 01-07-2022, 09:32 AM
RE: What did you do to your kombi today ? - by DavidH - 10-10-2022, 08:54 PM
Wheel refurb - by ruby6689 - 20-12-2022, 10:52 AM
RE: Wheel refurb - by Barry - 20-12-2022, 11:45 AM