Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?

Not what I did but what the very talented Mordred (Adrian) did to Little Red over the weekend at Old Bar. 
Its a looong story....

A while back I had my fuel gauge rebuilt as I thought I had fried it when going over from 6V to 12V - it had previously been working but after a while, it had stopped and always read 2/3rds full and was warm to touch. Turned out the insides were rusted (thanks safaris) and they replaced it all as good as new - only problem was that now the back (or body) of the gauge was longer so it didnt go back where it came from and touched the headlight switch making it sit proud instead of flush with the dash - and when Scott hooked it back up it was just reading full all of the time and not giving me an accurate reading. I also lost my cigarette lighter charging point and radio. It got put in the too hard basket and I just carried on.

Now our Adrian loves a challenge and investigation and over the weekend here, he has fiddled, found there was no ground to the gauge, that there were other mystery wires hanging around behind that dash and he has got it all working again!! The other gauge is sitting in its spot and it sits proud as well but I can live with that.

I am so very grateful and as I was tied up with the market at Old Bar, I gave Little Red to Adrian for the cruise on Saturday afternoon - he said his face was sore from all of the smiling and waving and Tammy apologised if he has worn out Little Reds horn button!

Photo credit to Tammy.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Oldman - 01-07-2022, 09:32 AM
RE: What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Melissa - 04-10-2022, 07:29 AM
Wheel refurb - by ruby6689 - 20-12-2022, 10:52 AM
RE: Wheel refurb - by Barry - 20-12-2022, 11:45 AM