Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice please - wheel size fit for T2
I've never fitted 16" wheels ,only done 15" but My 15" are still x 7 and the ET 35 instead of your ET 23.
The biggest issue I can see is that your wheels will be sticking out 12mm further out then mine, which means your wheel/tyre will be really close to the wheel arch lips on the back wheels.
This all depends on how far the tyre is bulging past the wheel rim, and or how much work they did on the wheel arch lip ,to know whether it's been bend inwards or outwards during the restoration. The only other is since it's been lowered does that cause the back end squatted outwards being lowered ,if you know what I mean. causing any issues! just a thought!
Again there are a lot a variants in to why it may or not work, I worked it out you have roughly 6-8 mm clearance from the lip of wheel arc lip and again depends on some of the above to exactly how much.
I measured my fathers car it has 25mm clearance and my car has the same wheel it has only 20mm due to the extensive work my car has had done during restoration compared to my fathers car that is in original location pretty much.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !

Messages In This Thread
Advice please - wheel size fit for T2 - by sealyb - 10-09-2024, 06:17 PM
RE: Advice please - wheel size fit for T2 - by Wayne Murray - 10-09-2024, 08:27 PM