Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
(14-05-2024, 07:23 PM)LizC Wrote: ...  So then I searched for an Australian supplier and found there is an Australian site.  Rang them - they were in Pakenham, and after explaining the issue, they suggested the Victron Energy Blue Smart IP65 charger because it does not need to be installed (the IP22 needed to be fitted, whereas the IP65 has two alligator clips as well as the other clips if you did want to instal it).  The Victron people in Pakenham (Victoria)  were very helpful.  The IP65 is slower as is only 15A rather than 30A but that is fine.

Victron sent it out Express Post with a discount too, on a Friday and I received it Monday.  Cost was just over $200. It can stay on like a trickle charger keeping the battery in condition.

So I have since managed to charge it fully.  Hoping this has solved the problem for now and that it may help others. Now I am wondering if I need a battery monitor too and if so, which type?

Excuse the long message but someone may be interested.  I will let you know of any issues but so far so good!
Liz

I just bought the same charger based on this thread. I've got a 120 AH lithium battery in a battery box for camping and want to keep it charged at home. I've also got two AGM and two standard batteries in the kombis and two motorcycle batteries to keep charged, and this charger can do all those things  Smile

Here's a link to the Every Battery web store:

Victron 12V, 15A, IP65 charger
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Oldman - 01-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Wheel refurb - by ruby6689 - 20-12-2022, 10:52 AM
RE: Wheel refurb - by Barry - 20-12-2022, 11:45 AM
RE: What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Mr Beckstar - 01-06-2024, 08:00 PM