Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
Yes, thanks for asking Mark, as I was not sure about advertising a brand etc.. but of course, this might help others.

I have heard that this problem is common, and the auto electrician I went to at AVWPC told me of others with the same issues but no real solution. So I did a search... and found this explanation about the problem on this UK site:

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/news/lith...actor.html

That is a really good explanation and goes to a link for the Victron IP22 30A charger which they explained, can awaken the BMS system on lithium batteries that have been discharged too much.  (Mine was at zero after a power outage in March when camping). It was not possible to use the inverter-charge that we have because the battery was so flat.

So then I searched for an Australian supplier and found there is an Australian site.  Rang them - they were in Pakenham, and after explaining the issue, they suggested the Victron Energy Blue Smart IP65 charger because it does not need to be installed (the IP22 needed to be fitted, whereas the IP65 has two alligator clips as well as the other clips if you did want to instal it).  The Victron people in Pakenham (Victoria)  were very helpful.  The IP65 is slower as is only 15A rather than 30A but that is fine.

Victron sent it out Express Post with a discount too, on a Friday and I received it Monday.  Cost was just over $200. It can stay on like a trickle charger keeping the battery in condition.

So I have since managed to charge it fully.  Hoping this has solved the problem for now and that it may help others. Now I am wondering if I need a battery monitor too and if so, which type?

Excuse the long message but someone may be interested.  I will let you know of any issues but so far so good!
Liz

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your kombi today ? - by Oldman - 01-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Wheel refurb - by ruby6689 - 20-12-2022, 10:52 AM
RE: Wheel refurb - by Barry - 20-12-2022, 11:45 AM
RE: What did you do to your kombi today ? - by LizC - 14-05-2024, 07:23 PM