Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
Repaired the OS number plate light on the Forester.......
Light has been intermittent , on/off for a while now so I thought I'd get to the bottom gf the issue.
Turned out that a small plastic section of the T10 wedge globe socket had snapped off, eccentrically loading the globe in its housing, so contact wasn't good.
Looked at replacement options.....sheeeeeet ! ..... a replacement harness, (it's only 2' long), was going to cost $210.00 for OEM. 
A few Chinese knock-off options on the 'net but not really a fan, so on with the thinking cap.
Disassembled the rear tailgate trim to get access to the globe holders and clipped off the damaged unit. A trip to Jaycar where a new T10 fitting cost all of $4.50 and back home. Out with the Dremel - I LOVE my Dremel !! - and I pared back the moulded sections of the original globe holder,( it's all in one piece), ground out a 15 mm hole for the new T10 socket and installed the replacement. A couple of heat shrink solder joiners and the harness is complete again. 
Re-assembled the tailgate trim and paid myself in beer.... Big Grin
Job done.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light

Messages In This Thread
Beetle Resto - by Alpal - 08-07-2022, 08:52 PM
RE: Beetle Resto - by Grantus - 08-07-2022, 09:13 PM
RE: What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today? - by Oldman - 29-04-2024, 08:36 AM