Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
(28-09-2023, 11:06 PM)KIWI Wrote: Can't do that in Vic.
Need to renew within 3 months or new rego, new plates, and new roadworthy.
PR

ACT system seems very fair. Wish we had that in NSW.
Sad .
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(28-09-2023, 11:06 PM)KIWI Wrote: Can't do that in Vic.
Need to renew within 3 months or new rego, new plates, and new roadworthy.
PR

In the ACT, you can park up a vehicle for up to 12 months. As long as you buy even 3 months more rego, before the end of the 12 month period, it’s all good. No inspection required, and the rego starts from the day you pay it, and the next 12 month period starts, when the rego expires.

Makes it affordable for my two workhorses, without needing historic or concessional rego.

Very much a “user pays” system, and I only buy rego when I’m going to use them.

Exceed the 12 months unregistered, and you are supposedly required to surrender the plates. A roadworthy is then required, but I was looking after 2 vehicles for friends working in Europe for 5 years, and although the roadworthy was required, I managed to retain the original plates.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(28-09-2023, 11:17 PM)Grantus Wrote: In the ACT, you can park up a vehicle for up to 12 months. As long as you buy even 3 months more rego, before the end of the 12 month period, it’s all good. No inspection required, and the rego starts from the day you pay it, and the next 12 month period starts, when the rego expires.

Makes it affordable for my two workhorses, without needing historic or concessional rego.

Very much a “user pays” system, and I only buy rego when I’m going to use them.

Exceed the 12 months unregistered, and you are supposedly required to surrender the plates. A roadworthy is then required, but I was looking after 2 vehicles for friends working in Europe for 5 years, and although the roadworthy was required, I managed to retain the original plates.

... and in Vic, if you pay the renewal at say 2 months after it expired, it is backdated 2 months so you only get 10 months.
PR
(28-09-2023, 04:01 PM)Grantus Wrote: Bought some rego, as it ran out 6 weeks ago, and I figure it might be handy for the trip to Old Bar tomorrow…….

Lol sounds like a good plan to me Smile
Wink 
Hi Kombi Clubbers,
Packed up Elsie and relocated from Caves Beach to Kanahooka down in Wollongong.  Relocated for family to take care of family.  Shy
Looking forward to the next chapter and exploring the south coast again.
Cheers Craig
Elsie 1976 Sopru Camper
cleaned the gutters

Well I have just finished repainting both front n rear bumper bars and nudgebar  n so on, and now starting on repairing n painting all the cupboards n drawers to try to brighten up the Interior. Will post some photos tomorrow.
(12-11-2023, 06:17 PM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Well I have just finished repainting both front n rear bumper bars and nudgebar  n so on, and now starting on repairing n painting all the cupboards n drawers to try to brighten up the Interior. Will post some photos tomorrow.

No Photos Chris Sad .
Didn't happen!
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(13-11-2023, 07:28 PM)DavidH Wrote: No Photos Chris Sad .
Didn't happen!
Cheers

Sorry David, will post them this morning. Job is taking longer than I anticipated.
Being busy, working on your kombi and not posting  pics is nothing to be sorry about Chris  Wink
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light