Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
For the clutch cable I usually get the GEMO kit which has the cable, Bowden tube, wing nut, boots, and the pivot pin which wears nice grooves over time. A couple of dollars more but much less than the components bought separately.

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
yeah.....would be good if there was a similar kit for the accelerator cable....that's what I'm dealing with.
My last clutch cable I replaced with an alternative to the Gemo. It's noticeably thicker and heavier duty.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Last time I looked (a while back) I wasn’t able to find a Bowden tube for a Type IV engine in a bay. Sounds like they are now available. I might track one down. 

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
(11-10-2022, 12:17 PM)Mordred Wrote: Last time I looked (a while back) I wasn’t able to find a Bowden tube for a Type IV engine in a bay. Sounds like they are now available. I might track one down. 

Adrian

JK have 'em in stock ..... Wink
Cheers,
Mark

Josie went to the auto transmission guys today to have her transmission overhauled - she only cut out on me twice on the way there this morning - looking forward to getting her trustworthy again. Its horrible when an auto cuts out at the lights or roundabout - no easy way like dropping the clutch or revving with your foot on the clutch to keep her ticking over. They were hoping to get the transmission out today to start ordering parts etc.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Nice….hopefully not too long off the road for you.
Cheers,
Mark

(11-10-2022, 07:41 AM)Mordred Wrote: For the clutch cable I usually get the GEMO kit which has the cable, Bowden tube, wing nut, boots, and the pivot pin which wears nice grooves over time. A couple of dollars more but much less than the components bought separately.

Adrian

So where from Adrian?
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(11-10-2022, 07:58 PM)DavidH Wrote: So where from Adrian?
Cheers

JK do the bundle …..
Cheers,
Mark

Well, after I got Daisy back to being half respectable and getting her spray painted in February this year, I thought I was on the path to Kombi freedom and the open road. 

Rather frustratingly, 50 years of age had different ideas and putting Daisy back together has been a long task and plenty of surprises along the way.  All wheel bearing (worn), hub nuts tightened by King Kong, CV Joints (dry), suspension (dead), front and rear brakes (original), tierods (slightly bent) and ball joints (dry and worn).

Today I finished of the front wheel bearings and put it all back together and brake callipers back on with new pads.
After that adjusted the back brakes and tightened up the hand brake.

I have just had a ceremonial beer whilst raising her up and off the the axel stands and then lowering her down to tera-firma on 4 wheels. 

I just now hope she goes forwards and the wheel stop when I want them to, plus nothing falls off or catches fire.
Qld safety certificate, here I come!
Daisy is on the road again!
(72 Cross.over Lowlight, painted in Kansas Beige and Pastel White)
Ocean View, QLD
Bit of an odds and sods day but did manage to make up part of an inner dogleg for the drivers side. Hopefully  get most of it made tomorrow.