Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dashboard clock.
I posted a question with my clock not working a while back , have found some one with V.W. experience who can sort it out and has quoted me between $400 and $600 to fix. which I find a bit on the steep side. I can live without a clock .But my question is this a sign of more problems to come ? if it is not sorted now, or is it just a not working clock .          Because everything else seems ok. The van is a T3 1990 transporter with speedo on the left side and clock and fuel and temp gauge on the right side.  he says that it is a fiddley sort of job which means why it is a bit expensive. any of the V.W. people who might have a thought please. regards petersbilt.
Peter - did you forget your previous log in? Just send me a private message and I can reset your password if that helps - it will keep your replies and questions together - unfortunately I can't merge them.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(05-10-2024, 03:45 PM)petersbiltkombi Wrote: I posted a question with my clock not working a while back , have found some one with V.W. experience who can sort it out and has quoted me between $400 and $600 to fix. which I find a bit on the steep side. I can live without a clock .But my question is this a sign of more problems to come ? if it is not sorted now, or is it just a not working clock .          Because everything else seems ok. The van is a T3 1990 transporter with speedo on the left side and clock and fuel and temp gauge on the right side.  he says that it is a fiddley sort of job which means why it is a bit expensive. any of the V.W. people who might have a thought please. regards petersbilt.

The guy is trying to rip you off.  Should be able to find a replacement used.  I had a clock not working and it was just a faulty power connection as the foil had gone bad.  I just ran a hard wire to power and she started working again.  I have a couple of Blue foils if you need one.
What Phil said ^^^.

More common to be a power supply issue, than an actual clock failure.

Either is possible, but worth checking the clock has failed first, before looking at getting a working clock “fixed”.  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
I had to do both the new power supply and earth as both were bad.

Very easy job.