Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 speed
Hi Guy n Gals, I'm thinking of changing the gearbox in my 82 aircooled T3 to the later model 094 5 speed. I remember seeing someone did that but it was before we crashed. Anyone any thoughts about it? thanks
(25-09-2024, 06:55 AM)obi1kombi Wrote: Hi Guy n Gals, I'm thinking of changing the gearbox in my 82 aircooled T3 to the later model 094 5 speed. I remember seeing someone did that but it was before we crashed. Anyone any thoughts about it? thanks

I did the conversion some 5 years ago and all is still good. Just love the "3rd and 1/2 gear" or the 094 4th gear as it makes hills that much easier. Other than a full set of stick / shift rods / bushes / and box bits, remember the 094 is 50mm longer. than the 091. One solution is to shorten the gearbox mount and move the engine back. Oh, and the captive nuts to fit shift rod bushes are there, waiting.
Thumbs Up 
(25-09-2024, 07:40 AM)AC-T3 Wrote: I did the conversion some 5 years ago and all is still good. Just love the "3rd and 1/2 gear" or the 094 4th gear as it makes hills that much easier. Other than a full set of stick / shift rods / bushes / and box bits, remember the 094 is 50mm longer. than the 091. One solution is to shorten the gearbox mount and move the engine back. Oh, and the captive nuts to fit shift rod bushes are there, waiting.

great i've got the box and all the shift rods from the donor...thanks