Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Blast 2024 CANCELLED
....at this rate it will indeed be a Blast from the Past !
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Maybe they need to consider changing the time of year this event is held - it gets rained out so often - would it be better to have it in November?
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Or even August……it’s traditionally dry at that time of year.
And, it’ll be August by the time this event runs again anyway….. Tongue
Cheers,
Mark

I was trying to think of a month where it wouldn't clash with a regular event - the Nationals in Sydney is in May, the start of August is usually Valla and October is usually Old Bar and Revolks. Maybe September?
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(11-05-2024, 06:15 PM)Melissa Wrote: Maybe they need to consider changing the time of year this event is held - it gets rained out so often - would it be better to have it in November?

November has more large shows than any other month. May is one of the drier months. It's only the last few years that it has been rained out because of the location.
Perhaps the organisers should come clean as to why we are no longer allowed at the showground.  When I was booking a site for this weekend the curator said there were strong bookings due to another classic car show being held at the showground.  I put this to Dave Becker who only offered the explanation of we are no longer wanted there.  So what really happened???
mmmmmmm……..someone’s upset the Council………
Cheers,
Mark