Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Berlin...
Hello everyone,

my name is Rolf. 

Sorry, I'm mostly just a silent reader here,
also because I am a collector of T2 accessories and brochures and I find some information here.
(see my German website e.g. also with brochures from Australia or vintage HAZET tools)

I've been active in the VW scene since 1997 with my Karmann Ghia and in 2008 a T2 bay window was added, which I both restored. 
I've already been to Africa and Asia with my T2... I have already calculated a trip to Australia in a container several times - but it is very complex and expensive and limited to one year... and Africa & Sahara is now reserved for next year again and the car in preparation (e.g. for playing in the sand ARB CKMA12 tire air pump from Australia).

The T2 is not an original Westfalia camper - I wanted it to be unique. It is an L bus (luxury, extra chrome, tinted windows, etc.) with Westfalia "Berlin" (I was born in and live in the city of Berlin) equipment and a 2L engine.

[Image: 2012-09-17-T-10-46-44-f.jpg]

I wish you always a safe journey,
regards, Rolf
(08-12-2023, 09:35 PM)Orangina Wrote: Hello everyone,

my name is Rolf. 

Sorry, I'm mostly just a silent reader here,
also because I am a collector of T2 accessories and brochures and I find some information here.
(see my German website e.g. also with brochures from Australia or vintage HAZET tools)

I've been active in the VW scene since 1997 with my Karmann Ghia and in 2008 a T2 bay window was added, which I both restored. 
I've already been to Africa and Asia with my T2... I have already calculated a trip to Australia in a container several times - but it is very complex and expensive and limited to one year... and Africa & Sahara is now reserved for next year again and the car in preparation (e.g. for playing in the sand ARB CKMA12 tire air pump from Australia).

The T2 is not an original Westfalia camper - I wanted it to be unique. It is an L bus (luxury, extra chrome, tinted windows, etc.) with Westfalia "Berlin" (I was born in and live in the city of Berlin) equipment and a 2L engine.

[Image: 2012-09-17-T-10-46-44-f.jpg]

I wish you always a safe journey,
regards, Rolf

Hi Rolf ,nice looking bus.would be great to see you over here ,I'm sure you would enjoy cruising around Austrlia so much to see here.good luck in your travels.
Hello Chris,
(08-12-2023, 11:52 PM)Chris Taylor Wrote: I'm sure you would enjoy cruising around Austrlia so much to see here.
It's still on my bucket list. I know pictures from my daughter (I'm already a grandfather) - she was up and down the east coast in a rented little Toyota minibus before she started studying. And a college friend of mine lives in Melbourne. Just a few more years until retirement... maybe then with a longer vacation time...

snowy winter greetings from Berlin,

[Image: xmas-t2-kg-b.jpg]
G’day and welcome 

Love your Ghia (and Bay)

PS
How did you get early bumpers on your Ghia?
Looks great!
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
I have been following https://www.vw-t2-bulli.de for many years.

Welcome aboard!
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
Welcome Rolf.
Lovely vehicles !!
Enjoy the ride
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Welcome to KCA Rolf. Nice bus & Ghia.
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren