Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sliding Door Adjustment
Courtesy of Doc:

Quote:This will take a while...

Take interior lining off sliding door.
Photograph the positioning of cables as there are different flavours.

Remove rear locking mechanism.
Pull apart soak in petrol clean and lubricate.

Do the same for the front except with mine you couldn't pull apart so clean and lubricate best you can , reassemble

Next remove left rear window cover housing of rear roller mechanism repair clean and lubricate and reassemble.

Replace Rubber Seal around door 

Adjustment
Close the door completely and see how she hangs. If its low the bottom bracket needs more shims. I cut mine from an original. 
If its hanging Ok then check striker mechanisms. Start at the front. The striker plate can be adjusted three or four millimetres up, down, in, out and has shims to align... go carefully and slowly closing the door. Half tighten them and close door and they will "move to a good position.
If there is not enough adjustment then the tongue mechanism can be adjusted up down.

When you have the height of the door (lower roller) and front latch aligned, then go to the rear of the door and repeat process.
The striker plate has some adjustment and the latch has some adjustment. Slow careful alignment and adjustment will end you up with a door that closes with such precision you will have the whole neighbourhood come out and you can demonstrate it to them and they will admire it and want a go.

This is the complete way.
If your rubbers and rollers and mechanism are all ok, then just height, front, then rear adjustment.
My rear mechanism was just a little sticky and that was the problem with my sliding door having all the problems.