Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from a newbie
(19-11-2023, 11:27 AM)DavidH Wrote: Hi Marg,
After mid 75 a better seam sealer was used so less moisture gets into the joins. 
Going with the same cupboard layout or changing?
Cheers

Good to know and not sure yet, needs a new canvas skirt so will get that done first.
Have been searching you tube for a video on removing skirt to no avail
Cheers
(15-11-2023, 07:45 PM)Margmc Wrote: Picked this girl up last thursday. She has quite a few blemishes and travelled Oz 3 times with her previous owner, a lady called Maz. Love her and she is a dream come true. Oh and she is a 1975 model Heart

Hi Marg ,welcome to the club ,great club, great members, lots of knowledge . Big Grin
(23-11-2023, 07:38 PM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Hi Marg ,welcome to the club ,great club, great members, lots of knowledge . Big Grin

Hi Chris
Thankyou and yes enjoying browsing 
I just commented on your new canvas  Smile
(23-11-2023, 06:37 PM)Margmc Wrote: Good to know and not sure yet, needs a new canvas skirt so will get that done first.
Have been searching you tube for a video on removing skirt to no avail
Cheers

Replacing the canvas is straightforward but time consuming.
The top edge of the canvas is stapled against a wooden strip under the pop top roof, then folded back on itself.
The bottom edge is riveted to the pop top base with the aluminium channel holding it in place.
Taking it off is easy!
Putting the new one is much easier if the whole pop top roof is removed from the van
I can send the instructions I got with my new canvas if you want to have a look and see what’s involved
I took the opportunity to repaint the pop top roof and base whilst it was off the van
76 Sopru Campmobile “Luna”73 L bug75 L bug in bits
(24-11-2023, 08:43 AM)Luna76 Wrote: Replacing the canvas is straightforward but time consuming.
The top edge of the canvas is stapled against a wooden strip under the pop top roof, then folded back on itself.
The bottom edge is riveted to the pop top base with the aluminium channel holding it in place.
Taking it off is easy!
Putting the new one is much easier if the whole pop top roof is removed from the van
I can send the instructions I got with my new canvas if you want to have a look and see what’s involved
I took the opportunity to repaint the pop top roof and base whilst it was off the van

Thankyou so much for the info.  Might get a quote first to have it done. Great idea to paint roof while off
(24-11-2023, 08:43 AM)Luna76 Wrote: Replacing the canvas is straightforward but time consuming.
Taking it off is easy!

Hi, would like to take you up on the offer of sending the instructions.
Been to 2 places here and they are not keen.
Thanks again
Marg
Welcome Marg, I hope you have many enjoyable years ahead in your Kombi
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
(08-12-2023, 02:48 PM)ruby6689 Wrote: Welcome Marg, I hope you have many enjoyable years ahead in your Kombi

Thankyou so much  Heart
Welcome to KCA Margmc
Enjoy the ride  Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(10-12-2023, 08:10 AM)Oldman Wrote: Welcome to KCA Margmc
Enjoy the ride  Cool

Thankyou
Marg