Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Switzerland
Hi there, came across the forum while doing some research on T3 history in Australia and saw a reference to it on the Syncro website (where there is a lovely Syncro camper still available btw for a good price).

Great to see the community!

I am an Aussie living in Switzerland and recently (rashly?) picked up a 5sp 1990 (91 compliance plate) T3 DoKa in Sydney that had a great story and history known back to purchase. In excellent condition and with some interesting dealer-fitted parts from new. He is called ‘Graham’, in honor of the original owner. He’s all original except for a front bench replacement to a single seat. Couldn’t pass up this piece of history.

He has a pen pal in Switzerland- ‘Günther’ - who is a 3 sp auto 1990 Whitestar. Also all original except for  new Atiwe Kaseloch wheels and braided brake lines with performance pads…the mountain passes here really test the brake capacity and one’s nerve for danger on descent. 

Enjoying seeing everyone’s rides. 

Regards
Sean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

G'day and welcome

Nice vans. 
I like the body kit

Is Graham going to go and live with you?

I have an 89 Caravelle C that is also an auto
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Welcome to KCA Sean.  Smile

Always good to see another T3 tragic join the flock.  Big Grin

Enjoy the ride……….  Cool
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Guten Tag…….

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey Sean, welcome to KCA …
Love. Your doka .
…. don’t let Luckyphil see it…..it would be a the perfect match for his van….. Big Grin
Plenty of great advice from the T3 Tragics here……..just gotta ask.
Enjoy the ride Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(30-05-2023, 04:50 PM)Oldman Wrote: Love. Your doka .
…. don’t let Luckyphil see it…..it would be a the perfect match for his van….. Big Grin

Phil’s had a blue one, and a red one………… must be time for a yellow one?  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Yes, I know…….but that would be a perfect match for The  Yellow Peril  Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Welcome Sean! Smile
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(30-05-2023, 02:51 PM)Barry Wrote: G'day and welcome

Nice vans. 
I like the body kit

Is Graham going to go and live with you?

I have an 89 Caravelle C that is also an auto

No, Graham will be (very) lightly used in Australia until we return at some point in the future. 

The Swiss are very particular about imports and car things in general…Günther, for instance, had to have his Atiwe Kaseloch wheels added to his registration and they can only be on his historic license because they were an option at the time (albeit 14s, not 15s). He is bone stock (apart from the braided lines).
(30-05-2023, 04:22 PM)Kazz Wrote: Guten Tag…….
Smile