Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy all!
Thumbs Up 
G'day all! 

Just introducing myself as the owner of Appa, our 1985 1.9L DH T3. She has a 5-digit odometer, but her records and the condition of the van point to only 108,000km. 

First thing we did was: 
  • replace the entire fuel system (tank, filter, pre-pump filter, lines, breathers, grommets, sender o-ring, the lot!) 
  • replace clutch slave and master, engine oil and filter, replaced spark plugs, air filter
  • flushed and bled brakes, brake pads and discs changed, and the list goes on...

Basically, we replaced all of the deteriorated components and fluid that go along with sitting in a shed, barely used, for 40 years! We also had her up on the dyno getting tuned, and am very pleased that she's still producing 80HP (okay, it's not much, but she only left the factory with 83!)  Tongue

--

Had the pleasure of meeting Phil and Grant over the weekend when buying some parts, and they introduced me to KCA.

They both mentioned the Winter Souk that was happening the following morning, so Bridie (my partner) and I jumped in Appa and came down to hang out again.

If the rest of this community is half as welcoming as these gents, then I can't wait to meet and learn from you all.

Cheers,
Fraser, Bridie, and Appa  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome to KCA Fraser, and also a pleasure to meet you, Bridie, and your excellent condition bus, on the weekend!  Smile

And a further welcome, to the KCA T3 Brotherhood!

Enjoy the ride…….  Cool
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Hi Fraser, welcome to KombiClub.  Was great chatting to you and Bridie on the weekend.  You were very lucky to find such a well preserved bus.  You are also doing all the right things to ensure it will be a reliable ride.
Welcome! So nice of you to join us here and look forward to meeting in person one day Smile
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Welcome to KCA Fraser….
Looks like you have yourself a great T3 there.
Meeting up with Grant and Phil would have been the best possible welcome to our club  Big Grin.
Both are well versed in the Dark Side of the Volkswagen stable…….the T3  Tongue and Phil is THE man for any T3 parts.
Cuppa is a great place and I’m sorry I was unable to make the Souk…..but it does sound like it was bloody cold ! 0 degrees at 11 am is “brisk” in anyone’s books …..hopefully a fire pit or two were blazing !
Enjoy the ride…. Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
G'day and welcome.

I'm also part of the T3 side with an 89 Caravelle C

You look like you are up for a bit of camping
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Welcome to the KC Hope you enjoy it wherever you take it.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !