Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ( old ) member
Big Grin 
Good afternoon fellow air cooled tragic‘s (and long-suffering partners) my first post after a seven year hiatus which my parole officer says can be reduced to 20 years with good behaviour. Formerly known as “John Doherty in Adelaide“ but now, as a result of the witness protection program, a new pseudonym is required.“Vincent“ is a reference to my current domicile, Port Vincent in South Australia. The judge has varied my bail conditions to allow me to attend bus stop. (He thought he was allowing me to utilise public transport)
I will be readily  distinguishable at bus stop by virtue of the flashing bracelet on my left ankle  and my long suffering companion “Snail” a 1976 metallic sky blue Bay window Sopru camper. Very much looking forward to attending another bus stop, which conflagrations are invariably characterised by extraordinary joy, laughter and a truly unique sense of “family“. Totally understand if you keep your distance. Prudent course of action. Those of you on the road, wending your weary way, safe travels . I can assure you, the net result will be worth while. See you there.
JD in Vincent  Cool
(05-04-2023, 01:09 PM)JD in Vincent Wrote: Good afternoon fellow air cooled tragic‘s (and long-suffering partners) my first post after a seven year hiatus which my parole officer says can be reduced to 20 years with good behaviour. Formerly known as “John Doherty in Adelaide“ but now, as a result of the witness protection program, a new pseudonym is required.“Vincent“ is a reference to my current domicile, Port Vincent in South Australia. The judge has varied my bail conditions to allow me to attend bus stop. (He thought he was allowing me to utilise public transport)
I will be readily  distinguishable at bus stop by virtue of the flashing bracelet on my left ankle  and my long suffering companion “Snail” a 1976 metallic sky blue Bay window Sopru camper. Very much looking forward to attending another bus stop, which conflagrations are invariably characterised by extraordinary joy, laughter and a truly unique sense of “family“. Totally understand if you keep your distance. Prudent course of action. Those of you on the road, wending your weary way, safe travels . I can assure you, the net result will be worth while. See you there.
JD in Vincent  Cool

Great to hear of your release mate. Been awhile,  catch up with you in Strath, we are staying in Hayborough so will be daily visits.
Cheers Brian and Cathy
Ahem, correction…..formerly JD in Alidade, after JD In Adelaide  Tongue
Nice to have you back John.
Welcome home…. Heart
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
And a very warm welcome back, Sir JD!  Cool

With your extended online absence, others have kept me up to date, of your land and high seas adventures…  Wink

Unfortunately, I have not been able to wangle Bus Stop into the diary this year, but hopefully, our paths will cross again, somewhere in the future.

Cheers,
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Oh good lord, they haven’t released you have they?!  A warning to anyone attending Bus Stop to keep your distance to avoid terrible jokes and gags and likely waking with a sore head and stomach muscles! 

Glad you’re back. Just dusted off the thesaurus.
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
About Time. Nice to have you back JD!
Looking forward to meeting up with you at Strath JD. I think I might have fallen off the KC wagon a while before you did so I can only remember a few posts, but your glowing references put forward so far on this thread suggest you are a "person of interest"  Wink Big Grin

T1 Terry
Welcome home JD, glad you found our new home Big Grin
Kombi family is like no other, your secret is safe with us Cool
Love the new relaxed you, amazing what a few (several) years away can do.
Watch your language mate, might give you away  Tongue
Looking forward to more chats, enjoy your second coming
Cheers Big Grin
Leave nothing but Tyre Tread 
I was looking for you yesterday JD but couldn’t find you. I guess I should’ve been looking for the bloke with tattoos from head to foot, especially after your 7 years working at Yatala tourist resort. I’m sure you will stand out in the crowd for me today.  Big Grin Big Grin Heart
Cheers Brian and Cathy
Great to see your return JD, welcome back.