Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell Vince
A gentleman and adventure lover of the Kombi crew was Vince, who we sadly lost last week. 

I first met Vince and his gorgeous wife Jackie while shopping in Wagga one day where their Kombi was sitting pretty in the carpark. Pleased to tell his Kombi story, I asked if they were attending Bus Stop in Griffith that year, which he knew nothing of but was excited to check it out, not being far from Coolamon where they lived at the time. As it was also our first BS, I told Vince I had no idea what to expect but it ended up being such a hoot, that Sawtell was marked in the calendar for the following year. 
Vince would have been almost 80 at that point but he and Jackie didn’t complain about the torrential rain we had that year and terrible driving conditions on the trip home, just happy to be part of the fun.

Thanks for the Kombi chats and adventures Vince. We’ll miss you mate.             
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Aaawww - more sad news. Vince and Jackie were a lovely couple.  Heart
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
And from the pics a man who appreciated a drop of red! Vale Vince.
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
Vale Vince....a humble gent who enjoyed the camaraderie of KombiClub.
Gone but not forgotten.
(Probably sharing a glass with Brian......)
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(21-02-2023, 05:40 PM)Oldman Wrote: Vale Vince....a humble gent who enjoyed the camaraderie of KombiClub.
Gone but not forgotten.
(Probably sharing a glass with Brian......)

Thats a nice thought!
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling