Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Old Bar Beach Festival
(19-08-2022, 03:55 PM)Melissa Wrote: The extra cruises are to actual locations with a route planned - not just the normal Saturday afternoon where we line up at the airfield and drive out to the highway and back.

yup.....something to supplement the school holidays I think....
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Amazingly, I may even be getting the whole family up this year and hopefully both T3 vans.

Got to build up the numbers!

Getting close now...
(15-09-2022, 11:16 AM)Syncro27 Wrote: Amazingly, I may even be getting the whole family up this year and hopefully both T3 vans.

Got to build up the numbers!

Getting close now...

Awesome! Now waiting for your weather predictions, for the festival weekend….. Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
C’mon Scotty…..it wouldn’t be Old Bar without your weather prediction ! Tongue
I’ll be packing the OB necessities…..crocs, ( THE wet weather footwear of choice….) board shorts and zinc.
Looking forward to catching up with everyone……it’s been a while since a “normal” Old Bar  Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark

Ive actually heard there has been sightings of Crocodiles well south of the Qld/ NSW border....if the water warms enough maybe there could be some at Old Bar Wink .

Seriously though, my phone weather only goes to Thursday 29th which says 80% chance of rain and only 22 degrees with 10 degrees overnight.

We may be in for a wet event!

I'm going regardless.
(19-09-2022, 05:55 PM)Syncro27 Wrote: Ive actually heard there has been sightings of Crocodiles well south of the Qld/ NSW border....if the water warms enough maybe there could be some at Old Bar Wink .

Seriously though, my phone weather only goes to Thursday 29th which says 80% chance of rain and only 22 degrees with 10 degrees overnight.

We may be in for a wet event!

I'm going regardless.

I’ll “see’” your prediction, and “raise” you a “sunscreen required” for Sunday morning / midday……… Rolleyes

And yes, we are also going regardless.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Anyone that goes to Old Bar not prepared for rain has most likely never been to this event before !
……it’s a coastal thing  Big Grin
Sunblock …..check,
Crocs………….check,
Beverages….check,
Firewood…….check,
Surfboards….check,
‘reckon I’m almost ready to point the kombi North….. Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark

(19-09-2022, 06:27 PM)Oldman Wrote: Anyone that goes to Old Bar not prepared for rain has most likely never been to this event before 

I can’t fully agree with you Mark, as my first Old Bar was 2009.

Was so good, we tried to schedule the event into each years diary, but it never became an annual event for us, and had to become a bi-annual event, some years.

Lost count on how many we’ve been too over the years, but weren’t there for the torrential nasty ones……..

Like insurance, if you pack gum boots, drizabone, umbrellas etc……..you probably won’t need them.  Wink

Either way, good weather is just a bonus, to the fun and good company.  Wink

We’ll see what pans out weather wise……….
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Good weather is most certainly a bonus given that we’re camping !  Tongue
Cheers,
Mark

The current forecast is a bit ugly - almost X rated.

Not sure if it is suitable for public broadcast Sad