Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Old Bar Beach Festival
Hey all, I just looked on the website but didnt see how to book my place… is it simply pay $5 per day ?

There is no set place to book via the website. You can stay anywhere in Old Bar or its surrounds - most people stay at Lanis, the caravan park, but it does get booked out and you might have to go on the cancellation list.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(02-08-2022, 10:10 PM)MeMatt Wrote: Hey all, I just looked on the website but didnt see how to book my place… is it simply pay $5 per day ?
Hey Matt, as Melissa posted, there a lots of options to stay in the Old Bar area….
The $5 charge is a registration fee for the park up on Sunday and has nothing to do with accomodation…..
We, KCA, mostly stay at Lani’s for camping or cabins but it does get booked out very quickly.
Lani’s is within an easy walk to Old Bar and Club Old Bar runs a courtesy bus for those that want to have a drink and not have to worry about driving back… Cool 
The OBBF 2022 website has a list of accomodation options as well….
This is a great long weekend and has heaps of interesting stuff going on……it’s not totally VW focussed like Valla.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
I just posted my 2019 video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/9iYOXqUm9LA
Doug
Robina QLD
Jenny Jones - 1974 Pop-top camper bought 2005
Good work Doug Smile
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Just been announced that there will be Kombi cruizes on Wed, Thu, Fri AND Saturday this year wow what a comeback.  Have a feeling this one is going to be special Smile
(18-08-2022, 10:01 PM)luckyphil Wrote: Just been announced that there will be Kombi cruizes on Wed, Thu, Fri AND Saturday this year wow what a comeback.  Have a feeling this one is going to be special Smile

What time Friday?  Rolleyes 

May try and leave a home a little earlier, to join the Friday cruise if possible…….

Wed & Thursday are def out for us.

Just found the details, for the Wed, Thurs & Friday cruises, all starting at 9.30am…… so we out for those. Sad

Looks like a heap of fun, for those that can make it…..enjoy, and please take some pics to share here with the rest of us!  Smile

https://www.oldbarbeachfestival.com.au/about-5
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Was trying to work out why there were so many extra cruises this year..........and then realised that the Long Weekend is in the middle of the NSW school holidays.
Assuming we make it, ( have a curve ball I need to resolve... Huh ), we would only be doing the Sat. cruise. 
When we camp in our kombi, that number of cruises is just too much work to break camp, cruise, re-establish and then do it all again the next day....but then again, I doubt folks would be doing all four  Wink.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(19-08-2022, 07:18 AM)Oldman Wrote: Was trying to work out why there were so many extra cruises this year..........and then realised that the Long Weekend is in the middle of the NSW school holidays.
Assuming we make it, ( have a curve ball I need to resolve... Huh ), we would only be doing the Sat. cruise. 
When we camp in our kombi, that number of cruises is just too much work to break camp, cruise, re-establish and then do it all again the next day....but then again, I doubt folks would be doing all four  Wink.

I only just saw the list last night, all too late for us as we will be still travelling down. If they announced it a bit earlier we may have been able to adjust our plans to do one. We too will only be doing the regular Saturday cruise and agree setting up and setting down every day would be a pain, as it is we have to do it Saturday and Sunday. 
I think this is going to takeaway from the Saturday cruise as everyone will be all cruised out by then and won’t bother….I hope I’m wrong as the Saturday cruise has always been massive and a great event for the town folk to view.
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
The extra cruises are to actual locations with a route planned - not just the normal Saturday afternoon where we line up at the airfield and drive out to the highway and back.