Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T3 High Pressure Power Steering Line Leaking?
The high pressure power steering line started to leak so out came my spare and fitted.  Well it was leaking as well.  Luckily I had a second spare that did not leak.  I checked online and this particular hose is around $450 new from USA or Europe.  You cant use just any hose either otherwise a noise just like your gearbox has a whine is introduced.  The line has a unique noise suppressing system incorporated.  As usual with the Germans quite simple really.  In the pic below you can see the internals of the hose I pulled apart.  The fluid passes through a plastic inner sleeve that has a series of holes along its length.  However this sleeve is only connected to the fitting at one end and is shorter than the outer sleeve.  An additional outer clamp is crimped at the centre of the outer hose to further interrupt the sound waves produced by the pump travelling along the fluid.
Long story short both faulty hoses had their outer sleeve replaced by ENZED for $50ea for a saving of $400 per hose.

Nice work Phil.

Another expensive part saved!
Well done
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy