Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Silver T3
My silver T3 got a whack in the sliding door back in May this year but with NRMA being a pain in the ass and wanting dash cam footage (which I had but is difficult to get to them), my outback trek, my spell of covid and the nominated panel shops busy schedule - the van is only getting repaired now.

[Image: 20220822_070332.jpg]

The panel beater found a good sliding door at a wrecker on the Central Coast only to lose it as he mucked around purchasing it.

[Image: 20220821_183135.jpg]

Then after they had the van in their workshop they realised they had no sliding door to replace the damaged one so they asked me and thankfully Ian (lowrider) had one and I thought that was all good.

[Image: 20220830_111224.jpg]

They then decided that it needed too much work so decided to repair my existing door.

[Image: 20220830_110936.jpg]

Its come up really straight and very solid (no flex) so I'm happy with that and wonder why they didn't do this in the first place...

A couple of minor rust repairs done to the front wheel arch and a small spot on the back of the roof as well.

Hopefully pick it up on Friday this week.

The free hire car is fun while my van is being repaired though.
What an annoying wait! Glad to hear it's headed in the right direction now though! Cool
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla
I finally got my silver van back from the panel shop last week - very happy with the results - Adams Smash do quality work!

The sliding door is very straight and the paint excellent.

The rust repairs look great and the left front wheel arch and roof are all re-sprayed.

Hopefully it lasts a while....

[Image: 20220905_180741.jpg]

[Image: 20220905_180716.jpg]

[Image: 20220905_180757.jpg]
Good stuff!  Smile

I do recall some of the finest local paint and panel shops refusing to do any work on the Kanga Banga, coz it was too old, and they weren’t interested. (Way more profit unbolting, and bolting on plastic bits on new vehicles, with less expensive skills required)
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
They wanted to do that to my silver van - so much easier than straightening an existing damaged panel.

Luckily there are some real panel beaters still out there working and I was lucky to find one.