Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T3 Mansi Speed FI Replacement Kit
This kit has been a long time coming and so far has been well received by T3 (Vanagon) owners in USA.  There is also a Turbo upgrade if a lot more power is what you are after.
https://thedubshop.com/mansispeed-vanago...onversion/

Here is a link to a post on TheSamba which details some customers experience with their installation.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto...64#9918164
Oooohhh…… that looks great!
Get it so as I can have a look. 

Could you install it yourself or do you need Megasquirt experience?

So Go Westy has given up on their system??
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(28-08-2022, 08:00 AM)Barry Wrote: Oooohhh…… that looks great!
Get it so as I can have a look. 

Could you install it yourself or do you need Megasquirt experience?

So Go Westy has given up on their system??

Lots of issues with the Gowesty system.  They require you to only get spares from them so if they decide to stop producing then dont know where parts can be bought.  Their system is out of stock and has been for quite a while so dont know if doing a kit anymore but they do list components.  Whereas Mansi is quite open about the name & type of market available parts he is useing.
I had a good read of The Samba link and it was certainly a positive read
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Nice upgrade, especially with the turbo!  Smile

Now where’s that winning Lotto ticket?  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(28-08-2022, 01:56 PM)Grantus Wrote: Nice upgrade, especially with the turbo!  Smile

Now where’s that winning Lotto ticket?  Rolleyes

I wouldnt do the turbo
(28-08-2022, 08:39 PM)luckyphil Wrote: I wouldnt do the turbo

Thought that was the icing on the cake. Why not?
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(28-08-2022, 08:55 PM)Grantus Wrote: Thought that was the icing on the cake. Why not?

Just after a modern FI system with the advantage of using lower octane fuel and this system offers a modest improvement in fuel economy and a big improvement in torque
Nice one Phil.  Is great to see another way to keep our old volksies alive AND trouble free AND have a few more Vrrooomms available AND be supported by the provider  That's why I added HALTECH to my 1970 cc air cooled Type 4 way back in 2016. Four LS1 coils with Igniter built in, full sequential injection, no AFM some there stuff and delivering 95+ RWHP.  One thing stands out for my HALTECH inspired bus, it has engine braking. Yes, set at 1600 rpm, any foot off throttle deceleration shuts down the EFI. Those down hill descents save fuel and save wear on brakes.

AND, given the current economic discussion, "Lets Build It Here." Haltech is Australian owned, is recognized worldwide, and powers some beautiful drag and race cars. And they are only a phone call away in Western Sydney. Very helpful.