Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers Licence Suspended!
I received a letter last week to state that my licence has been suspended, and I had 7 days to hand in my licence, and that I must not drive a motor vehicle whilst suspended  Huh

I’ve actually sorted it now, and it’s reinstated, and I’ll reveal the full story later…………….

So here’s my question to all of you drivers out there: What actions can one do, that would result in your licence being suspended?

I can think of 5, (and my one was a 6th), but curious to know how many you can all come up with?

Post away offences you believe would cause a suspension of licence, and I’ll answer truthfully, whether I am guilty or not of the offence    Shy
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Unpaid traffic infringements……..not actually driving related but parking.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
In Victoria...
Issuing a dodgy Roadworthy Certificate.
PR
Over 75 and not had a medical or you have sleep apnoea and Dr has reported you.
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
(04-08-2022, 06:40 AM)Oldman Wrote: Unpaid traffic infringements……..not actually driving related but parking.

No speeding fines or parking tickets in the past. Have all my points on my valid drivers licence.

In the ACT, they won’t renew your car registration, if you have any unpaid parking or traffic fines.

(04-08-2022, 08:40 AM)KIWI Wrote: In Victoria...
Issuing a dodgy Roadworthy Certificate.
PR

Issuing Roadworthy Certificates is not my trade / profession.

All my vehicles here, are roadworthy, currently registered and fully insured.

(04-08-2022, 03:19 PM)ruby6689 Wrote: Over 75 and not had a medical

I’m not over 75 and a medical was not a requirement to renew my 10 year licence last October.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(03-08-2022, 11:31 PM)Grantus Wrote: I received a letter last week to state that my licence has been suspended, and I had 7 days to hand in my licence, and that I must not drive a motor vehicle whilst suspended  Huh

I’ve actually sorted it now, and it’s reinstated, and I’ll reveal the full story later…………….

So here’s my question to all of you drivers out there: What actions can one do, that would result in your licence being suspended?

I can think of 5, (and my one was a 6th), but curious to know how many you can all come up with?

Post away offences you believe would cause a suspension of licence, and I’ll answer truthfully, whether I am guilty or not of the offence    Shy

Hi all yes this happened to me , I purchased a vehicle from a dealer unbeknown to me it had outstanding parking tickets from old owners so the infringement processing people sent the suspension to the registered owner me .
I called them and explained what they did, I was told it will take a few day’s to reinstate the license!! I said no problem call my boss and explain why a patrol car RMS will not start my 12 noon shift , it was all fixed in 15mins the simple reason nobody checked the registered owner at time of offence.
(04-08-2022, 04:18 PM)Ian.j Wrote: Hi all yes this happened to me , I purchased a vehicle from a dealer unbeknown to me it had outstanding parking tickets from old owners so the infringement processing people sent the suspension to the registered owner me .
I called them and explained what they did, I was told it will take a few day’s to reinstate the license!! I said no problem call my boss and explain why a patrol car RMS will not start my 12 noon shift , it was all fixed in 15mins the simple reason nobody checked the registered owner at time of offence.

My licence wasn’t suspended due to anybody else’s unpaid fines.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Ok, I’m gonna cast a wider net……
I’m guessing that the suspension has nothing whatsoever to do with driving or vehicle ownership/registration….rather, it’s a means to ensure the rectification of another misdemeanour by threatening licence suspension as a “motivational means “ .
Cheers,
Mark

You forgot to vote or you didn't confirm your address somewhere along the line?
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
…..or, back on the vehicle theme… Rolleyes
Not paying an interstate toll (or the associated fine) and the infringement has been escalated to license suspension ?
Cheers,
Mark