Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our First Bus Stop in BillHily
Here is our record of our very first Bus Stop.
Phil had only got BillHily home the day before we were due to leave, so very excited we were to be off on our first Kombi adventure 

On our way to Sawtell we stopped at Nambucca Heads & had a brake fail Sad  so on the Thursday afternoon before Good Friday, we were looked after exceptionally well (call out to owner Keith at Bridgestone Nambucca Heads) who helped us source another Brake master cylinder from a local VW enthusist (call out to Luke Pell Towing).  Keith personally worked until he got us going at 7pm, we decided to go to my sister's at Valla Beach for the night & arrived at Sawtell on Friday morning.

Showing off our little brake light, the little Demon  Tongue
Finally made it!

After setting up our camp we were welcomed by John in Hercules & Luke Pell came around to check that we had made it safely.
We enjoyed the Friday night meet & greet & just mad it back to camp site where the heavens opened, I just got snuggled into bed when a drip landed on me through the tent roof, I yelled for Phil to come help, he was in the Kombi & we got back into our wet clothes & pulled the tarp over & pegged down & I was as snug as a bug in a rug  Big Grin

Saturday saw us off to the Airport for a photo shoot, our first gathering of a Kombilation of Kombi's including a little Mr Wannabe  Cool

Little Mr Wannabe, absolutely cracked up laughing when I saw it  Rolleyes

On the way to Airport 

Then it was off on the Kruise to Bellingen in the pouring rain Confused

Arriving in Bellingen waiting to be waved into the parking area 

Sculpture in honour of musician David Helfgott
"Music Is Treasure Held In Store For All Humanity"

Dinner with the Theme "Op Shop Formal" was good fun, hopefully other folks will have some good photos of costumes.
It was also the night we put our hand up to help organise a Bus Stop, which was to become Bus Stop 2017 Swansea

Saturday night the park went through a huge deluge overnight & we woke to a beautiful day, we strolled around the park & observed the good humour of all the poor Kombians who had been flooded overnight & some even turned their bent & destroyed gazebos into sculpture Big Grin
Again I have no photo's but hopefully some one has still got them saved.
Then it was off to the races, my oh my what a highly contested event & lots of fun, Phil vowed to have a radio controlled car for the following year, but we were lent a pull back & got into the spirit of the afternoon.

The kids also had fun with the Kombi Golf 

All up a great weekend & we were excited to know we'd be off to Forbes the following year  Big Grin
Leave nothing but Tyre Tread 
Great job Deb.
We're looking forward to our first Bus Stop this year.
After seeing Wannabe, I might have to bring Dinky if the kombi is not ready. Wink
….more great memories Deb  Cool….thanks for posting again.
..and that little Mighty Boy & the fellas that came in it, we’re a hit with our crew….they truly had the Kombi Spirit, even if they didn’t have a kombi.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light