Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to Kombi Club
(04-07-2022, 09:53 PM)Oldman Wrote: I’m sure there will be a few at Old Bar !
Welcome to our new site  Cool

Absolutely! Wouldn’t be right if there wasn’t  Cool
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla
(04-07-2022, 08:36 PM)titch Wrote: Hi Melissa, I am a little late getting onto the new site. How great you are. As ever you work wonders. I just have to get my old brain working again. Takes a little longer these days in the great south land. Many thanks for what you all have achieved. I am not sure I have logged in proper like. I used my old name and password? Cheers Vince, alias Titch.

You have done well Vince! Good to see you here Smile
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Thumbs Up 
(04-07-2022, 08:25 PM)gdrabs Wrote: Are we able to copy entire conversations across to new platform (replies and all)?

Yes Graham but it takes a long time.....
I've tried copying strings of replies via click and drag, however that also copies members' avatars as well.
These count in the max. 10 pics. per post. If I just copy the reply text only, then there is no reference to who posted  Blush and citing each member in each reply is not really an option, time wise.
At this stage , I'm focussing on bringing the Stickies across.
Hopefully members can also contribute by copying any conversations as well.

It's a long road we're on !!
But we'll get there if we all chip in.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(05-07-2022, 07:28 AM)Oldman Wrote: Yes Graham but it takes a long time.....
I've tried copying strings of replies via click and drag, however that also copies members' avatars as well.
These count in the max. 10 pics. per post. If I just copy the reply text only, then there is no reference to who posted  Blush and citing each member in each reply is not really an option, time wise.
At this stage , I'm focussing on bringing the Stickies across.
Hopefully members can also contribute by copying any conversations as well.

It's a long road we're on !!
But we'll get there if we all chip in.
Good job - yes that all makes sense. Had a play with some conversations but it was looking troublesome, will have another crack...
all on board members... many hands make light work.

Noticed that the new forum isn't showing up on browser searches. Try typing in Kombi club Australia and it does not exist?

Oh no... have we just lost the old forum - Its coming up with expired... no domain
Graham

Wilson a 76 Harbour Blue camper
(05-07-2022, 11:24 AM)gdrabs Wrote: Good job - yes that all makes sense. Had a play with some conversations but it was looking troublesome, will have another crack...
all on board members... many hands make light work.

Noticed that the new forum isn't showing up on browser searches. Try typing in Kombi club Australia and it does not exist?

Yes, it's a very new site and will require numerous "hits" before it climbs up the results list of searches.....
Our "backroom" member told me we were actually number 10 on the Google search result for Kombi Club Australia, so it might just appear on another page, further down.

(05-07-2022, 11:24 AM)gdrabs Wrote:

Oh no... have we just lost the old forum - Its coming up with expired... no domain

I'm still seeing it.... Huh
Cheers,
Mark

(05-07-2022, 11:41 AM)Oldman Wrote: Yes, it's a very new site and will require numerous "hits" before it climbs up the results list of searches.....
Our "backroom" member told me we were actually number 10 on the Google search result for Kombi Club Australia, so it might just appear on another page, further down.

I'm still seeing it.... Huh

Sad nope all my links on pc, mac and phone wont bring it up...
Graham

(05-07-2022, 11:44 AM)gdrabs Wrote: Sad nope all my links on pc, mac and phone wont bring it up...

That's strange, I've just opened a new Tab and used my Bookmark and it opened fine.
It's not gone yet !!
UNLESS it's 'cause I've been logged in all day....?
Cheers,
Mark

(05-07-2022, 11:48 AM)Oldman Wrote: That's strange, I've just opened a new Tab and used my Bookmark and it opened fine.
It's not gone yet !!
UNLESS it's 'cause I've been logged in all day....?

Don't log out - I've lost it...

Fingers crossed its a local issue with me..
Graham

(05-07-2022, 11:50 AM)gdrabs Wrote: Don't log out - I've lost it...

Shite.... Angry
It'll time-out overnight....always does.
Not that I wish you issues but I hope it IS just with your setup..... Wink
Cheers,
Mark

(05-07-2022, 11:50 AM)gdrabs Wrote: Don't log out - I've lost it...

Think it is a local issue with you Graham.

I’ve just opened the site with Safari, logged in, logged out, and logged in again, with no issue at all.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab