Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1974 Swagman
Photo 
Does anyone else have a swagman with stories to tell? Mine was purchased in January this year after sitting in a shed for 5 years. Had been used by a florist to transport and deliver flowers.
Welcome over to the new place.

Put up some photos of your bus so we can all drool!
Wink
I'm sure there are at least a couple of Swagman conversions amongst the members.

Cheers Terry
I rescued a project Swagman some time back, it needs lots of work but the fit out and pop top is in really good condition, they are a very clever design and all the cabinetry with a sand and coat of paint would be as good as the day it rolled out the factory, enjoy your bus Suzie, cheers Greg

[url=[Image: ZG5XdJl.jpg?1]
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily
Wink 
Another happy swagman owner here, with the original interior which has lasted well. We picked up our '76 from Adelaide 5 years ago and did a mechanical overhaul and rust removal. 
Love the fibreglass interior, which is light, durable and easy to keep clean. Its been relatively trouble free, apart from when my brother ran up the back of a landcruiser in it (hence the new bullbar), but thats a story for another day [Image: wink.png]
I received a copy of the brochure from a Kombiclub member and posted a copy on the Samba: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/swagman.php
Cheers, Rex

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-07-2022, 07:14 AM)Suzieswag Wrote: Does anyone else have a swagman with stories to tell? Mine was purchased in January this year after sitting in a shed for 5 years. Had been used by a florist to transport and deliver flowers.

Hi All Swagman owners,
HELP
 I recently purchased a 73 with a Swagman top but none of the original interior other than the Whale foot pump.
I have a question re the sealing of the roof hatch; if they are a standard fitting, as mine doesn't have any seal around the hatch lid and it is sitting in a recess in the roof.
My Vent isn't waterproof at all!!!

Can a Swagman owner please send a couple of pics of the poptop hatch?

thanks Chris

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have a 1975 Swagman and have full stripped it down to be restored.  I will be putting in new cabinets. The restoration has been going for over 3 years and should be getting it home soon to put it back together. Mine had a seal on the poptop hatch.
See this Dropbox Link to a  Swagman brochure from Austro Camp Away (circa 1976 I think )
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/seehbjnu5...dcfrw&dl=0

The PDF file is about 2.2 MB in size & too big to up load as an attachment here.
Let me know if you can not open the Dropbox Link.

Edit...
Ooops - sorry I think this is the same brochure as posted by Rex above - on thesamba website. Sorry for the duplication!
1971 Sopru aka Doob
(09-07-2022, 10:08 PM)onetrackwonder Wrote: I rescued a project Swagman some time back, it needs lots of work but the fit out and pop top is in really good condition, they are a very clever design and all the cabinetry with a sand and coat of paint would be as good as the day it rolled out the factory, enjoy your bus Suzie, cheers Greg

[url=[Image: ZG5XdJl.jpg?1]

Hey one track wonder. Ive found a few pics of your roof and  its identical to mine. Slimline roof with no vents on top. Haven't seen another one like it. Has the luggage at front, but its solid and slimline exactly the same as yours.  I dont know the builder of my van, but ive posted some pics in the new member section. Seems to have the original roof like yours, but mine has a wood fit out and the rock and roll bed has a lump on the cushion. Do you have any clues that may help me out, such as what may of been your original fit out. Mine has a Electrolux RM210 fridge behind the passenger and a hand pump next to the sink.

Cheers,